3. Navigator of the Seas
My best friend from college turned 50 this year, so when she told me that her and three of her high school girlfriends were going on a cruise, I tagged along (even though I am past that 50 now!). Spouses were included as well, and one college grad son, so the men had someone to talk to! So here are the highlights of our time on the Navigator of the Seas! *Perfect Day on Coco Cay--my DH and I live on an island, so hanging at a beach is not what we do on vacation. We did enjoy the Up Up and Away Balloon ride. The balloon is tethered and goes up a couple hundred feet. Gave us a great view of the island, the neighboring islands and what was available on Coco Cay. I noticed a floating bar, so that is where I ended up! People did appear to be enjoying themselves, but we went early and were back on the ship early so.... *I could ride the water slides!!! I enjoyed the Blaster--that is the one with the 2 person inflatable. It was fun and I rode that a few times. It was still a great time to be on the ship, as majority of folks were at Coco Cay. When you are on the ship during a busy day, like the day at sea, I recommend you head up to the Navigator Dunes/ Putt Putt course. Around there, they have these amazing clam shell beds--we snagged one and watched the sea past us. There was even an attentive server to bring us a drink from the bar (Lime and Coconut) downstairs. I noticed a few of those clam shells were open, suspect people do not know about them. *We did the My Time Dining with our party of 10. Our first night was a late seating, but we were able to arrange for earlier seatings on the other nights. Our first 2 nights were at the same table with Josef. I always enjoy a waiter who will tell you his recommendations. It just feels like a personal touch. Our last night, DH and I splurged on the Chef's Table. This is our second time doing this on a Royal Caribbean ship and yes, it is the same menu. But the Chefs are different and they do put their own touch on the food. This meal was the best meal we had on board the ship! My only complaint---we had scheduled it for our 2nd night on the ship, but they moved it to the last night. It was a small group of us, 6 in total. We all enjoyed it! *The iSkate--Reach for the Stars show was amazing! The ice skaters are like Olympic quality! It opens with a drone show that was amazing---how do they prevent them from running into each other! We saw the show that first evening on board, and there was a good crowd but not packed. They offered it again the last day, and that one was packed! The other show that we really enjoyed was a regular entertainer in the Schooner Bar, David Curtis Mutter. He performs improv musical comedy and he was hilarious! I have never laughed so hard! Another treat was the Travelling Pianist! He parked his piano in one of the glass elevators and would play a tune --much better than Muzak! I enjoyed his music so much, when I found him (twice!) I simply rode in the elevator, not going anywhere in particular!! *We booked an interior cabin and it suited our needs just fine. I did receive the Royal Up email, and that is when I noticed that our cabin had a virtual balcony! So we kept the interior and were entertained with our "balcony". It was cool and really nice during the day. It is live action, I watched folks on jet skis going around the front of the ship! Cannot see much at night, but pull the curtains over it and you can continue to enjoy your dark cabin!! Not quite the highlight, but you got to do it on a cruise ship: Embarkation--kind of confusing, not set up as I remember (and I went on 3 cruises last year!). There were several different entry areas, but the person checking the set sail pass had to look at your passport and take a picture of you. It appeared to take more time than the usual way. In hindsight, this might have been when they also set up the facial recognition for passports. This was noted on disembarkation and did speed up that process. For those that travel with paper birth certificate, the line after the cruise was the longest that I have seen, and only like 2-4 custom agents. Those folks were not getting out anytime soon! All in all, it was an enjoyable cruise. It was great to see my college friend and catch up. Enjoyed all the moments that put a smile on our face, as this is why we cruise!!

Short but Fun Cruise on Navigator of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by jojoshumate

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Not quite the highlight, but you got to do it on a cruise ship:

jojoshumate’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 9279
Enjoyed the virtual balcony. It is a smaller cabin, could barely get around my side of the bed. Plenty of storage, especially around the desk and TV.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins