Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by jh11153
- Sail Date: June 2019
- Destination: Alaska
- Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom 10
So.. why not a rating of 5 ?
- no relevant guest speaker on the Northern Cruise, instead we had lectures on the Mayan Peninsula and cave diving. Celia Garland, the naturalist, gave excellent talks on Alaskan wildlife on the Southern cruise
- several issues regarding the Ocean View cafe...hot food often cool or cold, tables not cleared, guests in bathrobes and children in wet swim suits allowed in, many guests not sanitizing or washing hands on entry, the washbasins were often dirty and nearby washroom had toilets out of use for days
- Main dining restaurant shambolic on first couple of nights on both cruises and the Evening Chic dress code was completely ignored with guests wearing baseball caps and ripped jeans
- only suite guests have access to forward open deck and sun deck, a new policy which is restrictive to the overwhelming majority of guests
- restrictions on entry to the Cosmos lounge e.g. kid's club uses the lounge for activities, sometimes until 10 p.m., private functions in the day time
- poolside staff allowed guests to drink from glasses in the whirlpools
There needs to be a tighter grip on the running of certain aspects of the Millennium.
Would we sail with Celebrity again ? Probably...but on another ship !
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Icy StraitExcursions very expensive here. We had an interesting day waling around and taking a shuttle to Hoonah.View All 332 Icy Strait Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Icy Strait Cruise Port Review
KetchikanCreated for tourists - but great fun.View All 1,762 Ketchikan Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Ketchikan Cruise Port Review
SewardLots of wild life in fjords.View All 184 Seward Cruise Port Reviews
Free time in Seward gave us time to use free wifi in sea-life centre.
View Cruise Critic's Seward Cruise Port Review