Viking Orion Cruise Review

Our shortened adventure

Viking Orion Cruise Review by revgerry

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Asia

We chose this cruise due to the itinerary. Unfortunately, this cruise lasted only 4 days for us. My wife and I left the cruise in Sri Lanka on day 4 since she had to go to the hospital due to a serious infection to her left leg from a laceration that happened in Delhi.

The Viking ship and facilities were outstanding. The medical staff tried to due all they could to stem the infection - it ended up being beyond their capabilities with the antibiotics they had available. The Director of Cruise Services was a terrible failure - no compassion or customer service focus.

Cabin was spacious and balcony was nice. Unfortunately we spent most of our time in the cabin for 4 days since my wife had to have her leg elevated and could not walk. We used room service for most of our meals. The menu was good and the food was delivered timely and arrived hot.

I'd choose this again for the great itinerary.

revgerry's Full Rating Summary

Cabin DV4 Deluxe Verandah forward 4090

Cabin was spacious and balcony was nice. Unfortunatley we spent most of our time in the cabin for 4 days since my wife had to have her leg elevated and could not walk.

Colombo

Viking took great care of us - transportation to the hospital and have a a port agent check on us each day we were there. They provided transportation to the airport when we were discharged from the hospital.

Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

Didn't take an excursion because we left the cruise due to my wife's hospitalization in Sri Lank.

Koh Samui

Singapore

Kelang (Kuala Lumpur)

Penang

Mumbai (Bombay)

Didn't take an excursion due to my wife's injury.

Minimal on board experience due to i njury and early departure from the cruise

revgerry