3. Carnival Conquest
We stayed in Miami overnight before the cruise and explored the city some, then went to the terminal the next day. Embarkation was a fairly quick and fluid process. We were on the ship within an hour of getting through security despite being in group C. Disembarkation took abit longer but that was simply due to having a late number more then anything, once our number was called it was smooth and easy as well. The ship herself was the most beautiful to date I’ve sailed on (Previously one cruise on Disney (don’t remember to much as I was little) and one on the Carnival Dream in 2016). So I’m not an experienced cruiser by any means. Still every single day aboard I was awestruck by the architecture. It is not to big of a ship (smaller then the Dream I believe) but I never felt cramped, it was fairly easy to learn my way around. The only thing that was slightly annoying was the only way to get to dinner every night was to go through the casino and smoke but was not a big deal at all. Our cabin number was 6202 right at the front of the ship. One warning for this cabin is the curtains must be closer after sunset due to the bridge being right above, as well as out the window is an obstructed view showing the deck and bow but if you sit higher on the bed (or I can fit in the window) you can see the ocean. Personally I would book this room again. I loved it, it had plenty of space and was fairly quiet at all times of day. If you do get seasick though Deck 6 was noticeably more rocky then the upper decks. I love the motion of the ship so I actually enjoyed this. The dining we did was all excellent. I ate at the Lido Buffet, Guys burgers, and the Monet restaurant for 8:15 late dining. Never had a meal I didn’t like and the wait staff were absolutely incredible. No complaints whatsoever. The only thing I missed regarding dining was unlike the Dream the Conquest does not have the Mongolian Wok. Entertainment wise I went to 2 comedy club shows. The 18+ one was hilarious, the family friendly one was...eh. But that’s also just my sense of humor. We played several games of Bingo which all were great Jackpot Jake made it a great time even counting we lost every time. We danced one night out on Lido deck and Though is was fun it was extremely crowded and I’m not sure I would do it again (I’m not a Lido deck kind of person anyway). I’d like to mention our cruise director Lee. He was absolutely awesome and literally lit up the whole ship with his enthusiasm during announcements and at events. Three of the ports were fun Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Isla Roatan. Though Security was extremely tight at Cozumel including drug sniffing dogs for every passenger it didn’t lessen the fun. Belize I’m not sure I’d get off the ship next time. This was my second time here and I still wasn’t very impressed. Even though we actually did a 7 hour excursion there I only enjoyed about 45 minutes of it (The Mayan ruins starting with X) the rest kind of felt like a waste of time. If you have never been to Belize I say go, but don’t expect the fanfare of the other ports. The other issue I had with Belize was Carnival seemed very disorganized that morning. For both Grand Cayman and Belize we had to take a water shuttle due to the reefs. Grand Cayman every ran smoothly and we got to shore rather quickly. In Belize they were running behind and it was a 20 minute tender ride to shore. We arrived late for excursions that day. I didn’t travel with any children. I was actually the youngest of the group at 20. Overall I would do this cruise again. I have other ports I would like to explore but the Conquest herself is a beautiful ship that had me awestruck. When it came time to leave I actually shed a few tears at leaving the ship behind. Despite the few bumps it was incredible.

One of the best weeks ever

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Wolfsrule

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

Wolfsrule’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4J 6202
It is an obstructed view cabin right at the front of the ship. The curtains do have to be closed after sunset for navigation safety and it is quite rocky in that part of the boat. Despite all this I absolutely loved this cabin and the want to book it or similar ones on future cruises. There was plenty of space, it was nice and quiet almost always, and I personally love feeling the movement of the boat better. As well as easy access to the open deck at the front
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Xunantunich
    I wouldnt do this again nor recommend it. The 45 minutes we actually had at the ruins were amazing, but that was 45 minutes out of 7 hours. Most of the day was spent traveling and felt like A waste of time. The free lunch also DOES NOT come with a free drink. You must pay cash to buy even water..we did not know this ahead of time. I wouldnt do this one again. Not worth it.
    View All 46 Xunantunich Reviews
  • Cozumel
    Absolutely without a doubt the best excursion of the whole cruise. It is a short 10 minute ride from the port area to the Dolphin park. Upon arrival we were given a brief tour of the Dolphin area (our tour guide was excellent!!) and then given free lockers for our stuff. We were in the water with the Dolphins for quite awhile though I dont know the exact time. I appreciated the fact that they had lifeguards to help the people who are not strong swimmers like me to get out to the middle for the push and pull rides. Otherwise your able to stand on a platform in the water and don’t have to swim.
    The free lunch was a buffet style and included unlimited drinks. The food was delicious and the restaurant also had free WiFi. There is an indoor area to eat with air conditioning or an outdoor area depending on what you prefer.
    After the swim we were given access to the park (the shuttles running every hour until 3). We went through replica Mayan ruins and had a small amount of beach and pool time before heading back to port. Because the excursion is only 3 1/2 hours we also had time to shop. I would definitely do this one again.
    View All 12,636 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Stingray Swim
    We took a catamaran out to a sandbar in the middle of the ocean (about 45 minutes from the yacht place) and swam with the stingrays in crystal clear blue water. The guides on the catamaran were absolutely amazing and knowledgeable and the stingray swim itself was incredible. I’d probably do this one again.
    View All 723 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Miami
    It is a beautiful port but very stressful as well. Insane traffic (even arriving early) and the lines to get through security were fast paced and packed.
    View All 2,383 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Gumbalina Park
    This one is about an hour bus ride from port to park. Once at the park we took a short walk and visited the insectarium and then the macaws and monkeys. The macaw and monkey part are some of my favorite memories from this cruise. Word of warning the macaws like buttons and ate the one off my moms hat...so maybe don’t wear a hat. Otherwise it was a very pleasant excursion with time for beach at the end. Some of the trails can be uneven so use caution, but I broke my ankle 10 months ago and traversed it fine. You do have to pay $5 for a locker.
    View All 159 Gumbalina Park Reviews