Golden Princess Cruise Review
1,451 Reviews

Disappointing ship and crew, good itinerary

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Judgeirv

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

Seems like every exposure to crew staff included someone trying to up sell you . Be it waiters pushing bottled water and drinks , photographers constantly grabbing you for photos to spa staff pressuring you to sign up for classes or massages. Felt like a time share pressure. This was no way to spend a relaxing vacation- if I want something I will seek it out. In fairness the Cabin Steward, Laurence ,was excellent.

The ship was dated, bathroom often smelled like urine and toilet had difficulty flushing properly . Veranda Cabin A321. One night upon returning to the cabin we flipped on the light and found a roach crawling on our bed!

Ports of call were good, and the narrative given by the rangers was interesting and informative. Food was average and portions were small. One night we went to a specialty restaurant , the Crown Grill, I ordered a scallop appetizer, I received 4 minuscule scallops the size of the tip of my pinky!

WE booked a land package and in contrast everything in the land package was exceptional, including all the Princess lodges. The group leaders, Randi and Rob were the best , they handled everything professionally and were super pleasant.

Needless to say we will never book on Princess again. In the past we have cruised on MSC, Holland American, Royal Caribbean and Crown Dynasty and never had the disappointing experience that Princess provided.

Judgeirv's Full Rating Summary