I chose this cruise because it spent the day in Glacier Bay (which did not disappoint). We had 2 cabins one for our 3 kids (21, 18 and 17) and one for my husband and I. Both had verandahs. We booked through a big box store and had quite a bit of onboard credit which was nice. My complaints were minimal and the cruise was way better than I had anticipated. The Greenhouse Spa was kind of chaotic. It is close to the Lido Market and I was trying to relax and be in the moment in my robe and there are people wandering around looking for a restroom. Or coming in the spa dressing room looking for the buffet. Really poor signage and not super relaxing. The Lido Market was also pretty chaotic every time I went there. We stuck to the main dining room for our dinners and had breakfast and lunch in there a few times also. Just did the Lido for grab and go sandwiches and quick salads. There were several issues with us and other guests getting on the Navigator app. People were still asking about how to use it 3 days into the cruise. They should have a quick session on how that works.

Great first cruise!

DeDeB’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VD 6150
Our cabin was just about what I had expected. There were 3 closets plus under the beds and desk drawers. No complaints about space and storage. We had a small verandah with 2 chairs, foot stools and a small table. The room was very clean and nothing was worn or showing age. The "frame" the tv was in rattled a little bit the first day and I put a small piece of paper behind it and that solved that problem.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Glacier Bay
    Views from all over the ship all day! Naturalists on board giving descriptions, wildlife and split pea soup. It was incredible!
    View All 746 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
  • Best of Juneau
    3 different parts of the excursion. Mendenhall Glacier, whale watching on a smaller boat and the Salmon Bake at Salmon Creek. All were great. The whale watching naturalist was great! The salmon bake food was really good. Great day in Juneau despite the rain. Got to see a mama and baby humpback whales.
    View All 50 Best of Juneau Reviews
  • Lumberjack Show
    I booked the lumberjack show based on all the other reviews and it did not disappoint. Fun and fast paced...about 45 minutes. The guys were good looking and interacted with the audience. Not super expensive and a quick show that was fun!
    View All 302 Lumberjack Show Reviews
  • Totem Bight State Park
    Then we took a bus to the Totem Bight State Park. Our guide, Maxwell, was clearly new and nervous and very chatty. He spent way too much time at each totem. They all had numbers under them and it would have been better if we were given a brochure with the number and descriptions and go at our own pace. Maybe have the guide available for questions. He was a good bus driver.
    View All 105 Totem Bight State Park Reviews
  • Sitka
    Our guides (Keith and Albert) were super informative and really nice guys. I wish it would have been longer. Hopefully the cruise lines will continue to stop in Sitka, a great little Alaska town.
    View All 12,995 Sitka Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Sitka Cruise Port Review
  • Victoria
    Beautiful city that reminded me of Europe. My husband and son went to a bar to watch the basketball game (Toronto was playing so that was fun for them being in Canada). My daughters and I walked around the harbor, went into the Empress Hotel, shopped and hit Tim Horton's. It was good to not be on an excursion for us...I think we were ready for a little free range time.
    View All 1,307 Victoria Cruise Port Reviews