Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by PattiT

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass 2

We absolutely loved this cruise. We thought we would do this cruise for our 50th anniversary but we just couldn’t wait. Embarkation went very smoothly and quickly. The ship was beautiful and never seemed crowded except for the buffet of course. We sailed aqua class and are so glad we did. Our favorite restaurant on the ship was Blu. Such mouthwatering food and so many choices. We ate breakfast there everyday and dinner almost everyday. The service was unbelievable, someone there to take care of every need practically before you needed something. We learned a lot from the different speakers and the entertainment was great. We did all our excursions through the ship, the trolley in Ketchikan was the only thing that was less than stellar. We all enjoyed the lumberjack show although the line to get in was very long. Juneau was the second stop.The whale watch excursion was so exciting, we saw 5 whales one of them was just a baby. The Mendenhall glacier, was a sight to behold. It is sad how much the glaciers are melting. Next part was Skagway, we took the vintage rail to the White Pass Summit. It was great to hear about the gold rush. We learned amazing new things about it. Well, at least it was new to me. Our major disappointment was the helicopter to the glacier and the dogsled excursion, we got all dressed in our warm clothing and boots, went up in the helicopter, saw a smaller glacier on the way up, but we encountered dense fog and had to go back down. It was nothing that was anybody’s fault but it was to be the highlight of our trip. We were refunded in full, so I guess we can look at it as a free helicopter ride. We traveled with our best friends and we loved this cruise. It may be harsh, but I left off one star because the drinks did not measure up to other cruises we have been on. For example the Bloody Mary’s had no celery nothing but the mix and the alcohol. I tried margaritas at two different bars and they were both terrible. All in all the cruise was worth every penny and I would definitely go again! Our room Stewart “Devin” was great! He kept our room stocked and clean throughout our cruise. All of the crew would bend over backwards to help all cruisers. They always were smiling and had kind words for everyone.

PattiT's Full Rating Summary

AquaClass 2
Cabin A2 1522

This was a handicapped room and met all my needs. Room to move around with my scooter in the room, the balcony and the bathroom. Plenty of storage and even enough hangars in the wardrobe. We enjoyed the canapés delivered to our room every afternoon.

Pike Place Market

I guess this is our own fault but we assumed we would find good food to eat here, not unless you are taking it home to cook yourself! We dis enjoy seeing them throw the fish though.

View All 61 Pike Place Market Reviews
Ketchikan

The lumberjack show gets 5 stars. It was so entertaining it had us all laughing.

Ketchikan

I would not recommend this tour, we were disappointed, it didnt seem worth the time or the money.

Juneau

It was nice how close we could get to the glacier.

Whale Watching

This ended up being my favorite excursion. We saw 5 humpback whales, one was a baby with it’s mother. I really enjoyed the tour guide and the information she gave us. They gave samples of smoked salmon and it is my one buyers regret. It was delicious and I really wish I would have bought some.

View All 906 Whale Watching Reviews
Skagway

We saw so much beautiful scenery it was awe inspiring. We learned a lot about the gold rush, it was fascinating.

Victoria

There were so many beautiful gardens and buildings. We enjoyed the double decker buses. We got off the bus downtown and made our way to China Town, seems like if you have seen one China Town you have seen them all.

PattiT