3. Mariner of the Seas
I paid 17k for the two bedroom family suite and received the most horrible service I have ever received on a cruise ship. We are frequent cruisers (over 120 days at sea) but this was our first and only Royal Caribbean. Embarkation went smoothly. It was nice to be met and checked in by someone with an Ipad but i am not fond of having to wait till my room is ready to get my cabin key. This limits your initial access to suite guest only sections (your key is what opens the door) and makes taking advantage of your beverage package difficult. The 2 bedroom family suite is nothing fantastic or over the top. Basically two standard cabins made into one. Nice to have the whole family in one suite but def no luxury for the price. PRETTY BASIC One of the two bathrooms had a bathtub but the other was super tiny (like one in a lower lever cabin where shower doesn't even have a pan you stand on the actual tile floor of the bathroom) The balcony was very spacious and added a good spot for older children to hide from the younger ones. Room service had a nice assortment. Was especially nice to be able to order a whole pizza. Normally stateroom staff go out of their way to help make you comfortable and happy. This particular staff didn't seem to care one way or the other. The didn't even learn our names. Normally by day 2 the cabin steward is greeting you by name or at least remembers you special needs. When you have 8 family members in a suite 6 towels aren’t going to get it! We had to BEG BEG BEG daily for sufficient towels. One of our children become ill and when we called at 9:30 pm and asked for new linens we were RUDELY told by the lady on duty that she was alone and that it was going to be awhile we would just have to wait. There was a special section at the pool reserved for suite guests. This area had nicer chairs with comfy cushions. There was not a waiter assigned to the suite section. If we needed a drink we had to walk to the bar and wait. Our 22 month old was WALKING BACK AND FORTH in the ankle deep water at the pool (there was no kiddie pool) and we were asked to remove her from the pool because she wasn’t “toilet trained”. Keep in mind there was a group of 4 grown men in the pool drinking beer that HAD NOT GOTTEN OUT FOR OVER TWO HOURS, ONE HAS TO WONDER WHERE WERE THEY URINATING. For Royal Caribbean to feature the only two bedroom “family” suite, they ARE NOT FOND OF CHILDREN. I paid 2k for a 22 month old to be in the ship and she wasn’t welcome in the pool and if we wanted child care for any reason there was an extra charge. If they know they don’t have any services for a toddler why charge full ticket price. The one night we did use child care the workers seemed nice. They were very high pressure about scheduling child care ahead of time. It was difficult for us to know when we might need child care so after day 1 we just kept her with us. Our 6 year old was super excited to go to child care the first night (she loves being with other kids) but after being there one time she didn't want to go back. She said it was boring. We purchased the excursion to Atlantis but ended up passing up the bus ride and hired a taxi. It was just taking way to long to get everyone organized. Once we were issued bracelets for the water park we left the group. CocoCay was the highlight of the trip. We purchased a large cabana at Chill Island. The service on the island was impeccable. I truly wish we could return to this island without taking another RC cruise. I could go on and on but to sum it up DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR VALUABLE FAMILY TIME ON RC. I don't believe the price structure they use is proportional to the service they offer. I hope they spend my 17k well because it is the last they will ever see from this family of avid cruisers.

DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY

Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite - 2 Bedrooms
Cabin GT 9394
Nothing fantastic or over the top. Basically two standard cabins made into one. Nice to have the whole family in one suite but def no luxury for the price. PRETTY BASIC
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins