3. Norwegian Escape
I've now set out to cruise on all NCL ships, having sailed too many times on one and the first one (NCL Wind) I sailed on was decommissioned many years ago. The Escape delivered! I purchased a guarantee cabin with one perk, which was the beverage package. This was my third guarantee cabin, and all of the locations have been great. The Escape is similar to two other ships I've been on: Breakaway and Getaway. They are all beautiful ships with many activities to suit many tastes. The only drawback I see with these ships is that they are a bit crowded overall and much too crowded in the pool area. I thoroughly enjoyed the shows Choir of Man and After Midnight, as well as the piano entertainer in The District Brewhouse. Howl at the Moon is getting pretty old and sloppy, although I admire the endurance and versatility of the performers. I've seen this show on many of the ships over the years. As a Platinum Latitudes member, this was the first time I was unable to use one of my coupons for a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant, as they were all booked up. Cagney's delivered an amazing meal and dining experience. Food in general at all of the venues was excellent. As a solo female traveler, I really appreciated the level of service I received at the bars, restaurants, theater, and guest services. I enjoyed a few of the solo gatherings and the coordinator did an excellent job! The New York/Italian/New Hampshire/Pennsylvania/Connecticut crowd was a blast to hang around with!

Cruise #13 on NCL - Not an Unlucky Number!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by mayfire

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom
mayfire’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IF 13663
This guarantee cabin (assigned to me by NCL) was completely adequate for my needs. The location was fine, the room was clean, the bathroom spacious enough for my needs, it was a quiet location, and I slept like a baby. I never did find out what was directly above this cabin, as the deck plans show empty space. On occasion during waking hours, I would hear very, very faint music. The pillows and bedding are fantastic. I think the upper decks feel a bit more of the ship movement, but it was subtle and it didn't bother me. The cabin has a small refrigerator, and I was able to obtain a coffee maker from my cabin steward (it would probably be a good item to offer as standard in all cabins, as it would reduce wear and tear on room delivery staff for guests who just want that cup of coffee or tea in the morning before venturing out). I received the ever-popular towel animals each night (which I think are cute, but would be ok to do without as an adult, thinking about the workload of the employees, where every little task adds up). The cabin has an excellent hairdryer. The only thing I might do to improve the cabin would be to replace or shampoo the carpeting and vacuum more frequently. I noticed lotion and bars of soap were not automatically provided, as they have been on other ships, but when I asked, my cabin steward did provide them to me.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins