3. Avalon Visionary
I really wanted to see Vienna and go on a short river cruise. I liked visiting the small towns and enjoyed learning about saffron. I wish we stayed a little longer in Munich . That hotel was fabulous. I have recently been put on a gluten free diet and thought I might have problems with food. No way - they were very organized. On the first day, after the safety drill, they had a meeting with all passengers who had special dietary needs. Both the matri’ d and main chef were there and interviewed each one of us taking notes. In the morning I was greeted by the waiter and asked if I wanted a gf roll or bread. At the buffet, I was told which items contained wheat. One day I ordered some slices of steak without gravy and the chef looked at me and siad to wait a minute. He soon returned with a small bowl of gluten free gravy! It was delicious. The waiters were great and were there to refill coffee mugs or take away dirty plates. On another company’s river cruise, we were sent a list of all the passengers with the name of the city they came from. I thought this was a good idea. I could look for the people that lived near me and write the email next to the name of the people I wanted to keep in touch with. I asked our tour director about this and was told that Avalon does not do this.

Nice itinerary

Jmsw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Visionary price drops

Outside Stateroom with Window
Cabin E 102
The cabin was small but had great storage. There were closets, drawers and shelves! We had control of air conditioning, our cabin had comfy beds and it was near the dining room. The bathroom had a nice shower and contained great toiletries. Having the 2 different colored towels was a smart idea.
My very minor complaints -
1) the mirror facing the beds was very dark(smoky?) which made it hard to see much.
2) the tv channels were almost non existent. I wish there was news from the States, and a movie with a timetable, so I know when it starts.
3). It would be nice to have a real clock in the room, not just the little one on the tv.
Indigo Deck Outside Cabins