Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review
2,976 Reviews

NCL Dawn to Canada and NE...Now corkage fee for EVERY bottle of wine!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by egtravel

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

I used to carry on a bottle of wine to enjoy in my cabin, and there was no charge. They would only charge you a corkage fee if you took it to the dining room to open and enjoy. Now, they stop you immediately after TSA and make you feel like a criminal! I asked the guy taking my information to charge me, when this rule came to be and he would not answer me. I guess the nickel and diming will continue! Our bathroom flooded twice because the drain backed up. Thank god it was not the toilet! There was no offer of any compensation, almost as if its a regular occurrence. They did clean my sisters pajamas, which got wet. We did enjoy the food, went to 3 specialty restaurants, all of which were spectacular. Also, the Venetian dining room was wonderful all 4 times we went there. Service around most of the rest of the ship was just average. Something must have been up with the employees, because they were the least friendly bunch in all of my 19 cruises. The ports were all great, with the exception of St. John. We left on time, every time and got into port on time, every time. If you are going to Newport RI, make sure you book a tour so you can get off the ship quickly! They tender in and from what people said, they waited for hours. Then only had a few hours on short, then we ALL had to wait in an hour long line to tender back to the ship.

egtravel's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11678

This cabin is directly under Los Lobos restaurant. Do not chose this cabin if you are in it between 10pm to 1130pm, because that is when they clean and the movement of the chairs is quite annoying.

Acadia National Park

We booked the tour as soon as we got off the tender. It was in a trolly, so it was sort of touristy, but we had a great driver/tour guide. My only complaint is, they don't give you enough time at each stop. And of course there are always those on the tour who don't abide by the time constraints, making us late.

View All 236 Acadia National Park Reviews

After stopping at two of the most ugly, industrial stops, we ended up at St. John Skywalk, which was pretty uneventful. It was "frack" tide or something, so the river was doing absolutely nothing. If we came either 30 min prior or 30 min after, we would have seen one of the 7 natural wonders at work. I would not recommend this tour.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

We booked with Darrell, but he was not available to we had Mo as our driver. It was one of the best tours ever! He even made a stop at a dollar store for us! And every attraction we hit, was in between all the big tour buses! It was the only way to go to see beautiful Halifax!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
The Vanderbilts' Marble House

Great tour with plenty of time at each house. Glad we booked a tour as it gave us quick and easy off the ship to the tender. We still had to wait an hour in line for the tender back!

View All 15 The Vanderbilts' Marble House Reviews