3. Carnival Freedom
I went on this cruise as part of a large group (50+ people). It was my first cruise and will also be my last. I was always told your are treated like something special on a cruise. I did not experience this. I was also told that the food was fabulous on cruises. Not the case on the Freedom. Getting on to the ship was absolute chaos. Luggage is turned in at one end of the port and you have to walked back through the massive crowds to get to the entry doorway to go through security and board the ship. What a mess that was. When you walk onto the ship and finally get inside the oppressive three story atrium makes you feel depressed. It is dark and underwhelming. No excitement. No light and airy feel. The first thought is "what did I get myself in to?" We had to wait two hours before we could get to our rooms. Once we hit Deck 2 we smelled the never ending smell of light sewage in the air. In all the elevator lobbies and general populations areas there was always something to be wiped down and/or picked up. Food was more miss than hit especially the Lido deck buffet. Yuck! Guy's Burgers were about the only think edible on the ship - everything else made us nauseous. Staff would sometimes smile but most of the time not. I really did not like to see my 77 year old mother harassed on debarkation. >:{ Ship windows were cracked. Cabin couch cushions had mold, spots, rips and tears. Beds were more comfortable than they look but still too short - my feet hung over the edge the entire trip - I'm six feet tall. The nail tech in the spa was great but that's about where it ended. AC in cabin never cooled things down below 78. Called maintenance but they never showed. Fitness center did not open until 5PM - no morning workouts unless they entailed walking circles around Deck 10 through the smoking areas. Saw drunken fights every night on the ship. Had to call security on one woman who beat her husband which was right across from my 14 year old daughter's cabin. Another incident happened in the casino where a guy accused a woman across the roulette table of racism and she never said a word to him. Another night a guy on the Lido deck suck punched another guy walking by with no provocation. I hid in my cabin the last night just to stay away from the drunkenness. If I ever cruise again it will not be on Carnival. I had to come home and schedule a true relaxing vacation from this mistake on the sea.

Tired ship. Tiring vacation. First and last cruise.

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by PinkShirlee

PinkShirlee’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 2441
Cabin was nice size. Ample closet space. Shower water pressure was good. Temp was easy to adjust. Toilet flushed fine with no problems. Cabin decor and furnishing are VERY dated. Rips, tears, chips, mold, and spotting on the furniture, lampshade and vinyl couch coverings. Bed linens were clean. Room steward was fantastic. The ship needs and full interior make over.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cozumel
    Shopping was nice but very overpriced. Go outside the port shops and shop with the vendors across the street. Paradise Beach was a joke considering most stops had lounged chairs eight rows deep and 40 wide. There was no way to relax much less see paradise.
    View All 6,721 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Galveston
    All bus drivers and tour guides were really nice, informative, and great to be around. They were conscious of time and made sure we made it from Point A to Point B safely. My only complaint on the excursions was the crowds. There were too many people around to allow you to participate in the events.
    View All 667 Galveston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Galveston Cruise Port Review
  • Stingray Swim
    This was the best excursion of the three ports we went to. The sting rays were very magical. The only downside was there were 12 other boats full of people on the same sand bar. It made for a very crowded excursion.
    View All 727 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    The falls were EXTREMELY crowded. You must have a guide to show you along the path and how to meander up the falls and around the masses of people. It's a shame because DRF has the potential to be really beautiful in its natural state.
    View All 29 Dunn's River Falls Reviews