3. Royal Princess
My hubby and I have wanted to do this cruisetour for 25 years and I have always dreamed of seeing Alaska! The Ports were all perfect as were the College of the Fjords and Glacier National Park! We booked excursions with Princess and they were all perfect with excellent guides and naturalists! We loved the room (a balcony which we paid a lot for), the coffee at the Coffee Shop (which we paid for), and the amount of time in Alaska(which we also paid for)! Do NOT go for the food! The food was overcooked with no flavor! The food was obviously frozen and made in advance of the cruise. Unseasoned and very bland! For example, in one of the main dining rooms, I ordered crab quiche as an appetizer. It was served barely warm and had real crab as well as fake crab in it! (Fake crab is that stuff you buy that is make out of Pollak fish and is reshaped to look like a crab leg but is this awful red color!). We were in Alaska so we thought that they might have at least used 100% crab! The COFFEE was terrible unless you purchased it from the coffee shop and was made by a Barista! $3 to $7 for a good cup of coffee! We prepurchased the coffee cards prior to the cruise because I had read that Princess uses a coffee concentrate instead of brewing coffee!!!!!!!!!! The Pizzeria did serve wonderful pizza but how much pizza do you really want to eat on a $7-10,000 cruise for 2? Please be very careful when using the buffet! Many people used the Purell and handwashing stations but there were twice as many who did not use good hand hygiene! Make your reservations for dinner prior to boarding the ship! We wanted to use our shipboard credit to pay for our specialty dinners but once we were on board, we were told that all the reservations were full for the steak house, Italian restaurant, and Crab Shack! Maybe that is where they hide the good food? We certainly didn't get any! We were so looking forward to all of the Naturalists and Alaska speakers that we would be able to hear from! We saw every presentation on Alaska that we could but there were 1,000 times more opportunities to listen to EFFY DIAMOND personnel! Yes you could actually purchase diamonds on this trip and LOTS OF THEM! I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO ALASKA AND DIDN'T BRING MY DIAMOND MONEY WITH ME!!!!! I was truly disappointed with all of the above but not with Alaska! It was beautiful, majestic, and so awe inspiring! We had incredible moments seeing Bald Eagles in their nests and hunting! We loved the Glaciers and learning how the land was formed! We loved Denali National Park and the caribou, moose, eagles, and wildlife that we saw! We loved sitting on our balcony and watching whales in the distance surface and slap their tales! Go to Alaska and breath in every second and just admire how wonderful this place is!

PERFECT DESTINATIONS WITH ABSOLUTELY AWFUL FOOD

ICUSUE24’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE A505
Absolutely stunning views! We were one room away from midship and were never bothered by the movement of the boat!
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins