3. Crown Princess
I chose this cruise specifically due to the fact that it included Liverpool and a Deluxe Beatles tour that included access to inside tours of John Lennon and Paul McCartney's childhood homes. Due to a series of events, my excursion was cancelled and I was told there was no room of any of the three lesser Beatles tours available. What lead to this? First, bad weather prevented us from tendering at Guernsey (which we heard from others happens quite often so I am wondering why it is included as a port). We headed on to Cobh where, as we docked, there was a problem with a generator which the captain said he had never experienced. We limped into Dublin hours late and extended that stay which made us late into Liverpool and resulted in the cancellation of my Deluxe Beatles excursion. In the mean time, our toilet had been running, so we reported it but got no one to look at it. Our toilet stopped flushing, so we reported it. After a while someone came to "fix" it and, as a result, our toilet overflowed, filling roughly 1/3 of the balcony cabin. Items we'd had on the floor were moved (including my husband's soaked shirt), the padding under the carpet was removed, a wet vacuum was used on the carpet, and large fans were placed in the room to dry the carpet. The fans had blown out the power so there was no air conditioning. We were told there was no other room to stay in for the night and that the best they could offer was to turn off the fans for the night. After my husband spent over an hour dealing with a supervisor who told us there was no other cabin available she finally found a single interior room that we could use for that night. My husband canceled his Wales excursion to help me find Beatle-related activities to do in Liverpool the next day. His excursion had been taken down to about half what it was supposed to be anyway due to the time constraints that resulted from the late arrival in Liverpool. Everyone on the cruise was given $100 onboard spending money for the troubles with the itinerary. My husband and I were each given $100 each for the trouble with the cabin, but I can't get back to Liverpool, take the tour I wanted and get back home on $100. Weather issues can happen on a cruise. Mechanical issues can happen too. But someone made the call that we should extend the stay in Dublin at the expense of the Liverpool stay. I guess they assumed that more people would want the time in Dublin than to arrive on time in Liverpool - but it would not have been my choice. We were so late into Dublin anyway that those who tried to make it to the Trinity Library to see the Book of Kells had the door shut in their faces.

Excursion Cancellations & Flooded Cabin

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Sheltie Mom

Sheltie Mom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB C735
The balcony was larger than we expected and the room was very nice until the toilet overflowed. Before we departed the ship the toilet started to run again and we were glad to be running off the ship.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins