A 7 day trip to Norway fiords. Very enjoyable apart from the weather which unfortunately we can’t order. This ship is big but well organised with plenty to do, good shows with choice and excellent dining in restaurants. Self service not so good, very repetitive. We were well looked after in our cabin by our friendly smiley Steward. The ship was full as it was half term but we enjoyed being with a large mix of ages and families. A change from the usual oldies like us. It was a pity a lot of the scenic cruising up the fiords took place in the early morning about 4am onwards. Afraid that’s too early for us. Also there were only 4 stops, the last one being Bergen where there is plenty to do but we had to be back on board for 2pm which spoilt it. The whole experience has been soured since we arrived home as I found I had left my keys on board in the bedside drawer. I phoned as soon as I got home about 12.30pm thinking as the ship didn’t sail again until that evening the keys could be brought ashore and posted to me. I was so wrong! All you get is an e mail telling you that if you haven’t heard within 21 days they haven’t been found. How unhelpful is that? This wasn’t just a bag of make up, this was a very expensive remote controlled car key and house keys. P.O. just treat everything the same no matter what items you have left aboard. In other words they make no effort to locate lost property. I haven’t heard anything. I put in a formal complaint. After two and half weeks somebody finally phoned to address it. The usual platitudes about their procedures and how much lost property they have to deal with. All about them not about their poor customers.We had to pay £160 to replace the car keys. I know, should be more careful etc. Agreed. However you have to be out of your cabin by 8am and it is such a rush to get out get breakfast before all eating places close that you end up in too much of a rush. We have been given money off our next booking with P.O. but that doesn’t really make up for all the stress and time taken up trying to get P.O. to take this seriously and the trauma of obtaining new remote keys, not something that happens quickly, they have to be ordered and then programmed. All because nobody was willing to make a simple phone call to the ship while it was still in port at Southampton.

Large ship with plenty to do

Ventura Cruise Review by Liz Northampton

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Outside Twin with Shower (Part-Obstucted View)

Liz Northampton’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Outside Twin with Shower (Part-Obstucted View)
Cabin NA E309