3. Norwegian Escape
We had an excellent time on this cruise. I cruised with my husband and three daughters and my parents. The best part about this itinerary is that they spend 3 days in Bermuda, which allows you to do more on the island. Cruise Terminal: This ship left out of the Manhatten Cruise Terminal and I would suggest that if you are planning on cruising out of this terminal that you research where you are going to park ahead of time. there is parking at the terminal but it is expensive. $40 a day. We researched ahead of time and found a parking garage within only a few blocks from the terminal for half that price. Embarkation: Boarding the ship was relatively smooth. There was a long line but it moved quickly and the staff checking people in was efficient. Ship: The ship is huge. This was our fifth cruise with Norwegian and the layout was identical to their other large ships in the fleet such as the Breakaway, Bliss and Getaway. The ship was very nice and clean. Certain areas tended to get congested such as the Garden Café, and the theaters during show time. The Escape has waterslides, a ropes coarse, plank and mini golf, in front of Spice H2O there is the grotto with a waterfall area you can walk through. The pool area fills up quickly, two of the days we were not able to find a lounge chair that was empty. Get there early if you want a chair especially on sea days. For the shows we watched Choir of Man, which was outstanding, if you do nothing else, you must see this show, and we watched After Midnight which was also very well done. The only specialty restaurant we did was Teppanaki which was amazing. As soon as you set foot on the ship book your shows and restaurants right away, if you wait then everything will be booked out on the first day. Cabin: We had 2 adjoining rooms that were interior rooms on the 13th deck. It's nice and quiet up there. My kids were in one room and my husband and I were in the other one. Before this cruise we had always done a balcony but I was impressed with the interior room. Still enough space and it was cozy. The only thing I was unhappy with was the cabin steward. He took our pool towels and never replaced them and he lost our laundry, it ended up being found later that day. Aside from that, the rest of the service was off the chart. Bermuda: Bermuda is a great destination. It's such a beautiful island with the most stunning beaches I have ever seen. The one thing I will say is that it is extremely expensive. I forgot to pack sunscreen and when I bought it there it was $18.You will save a ton of money if you go back to the ship to eat all your meals. the first day we did an island tour that lasted 3 hours. This was a great way to get oriented with where everything was on the island. We also did snorkel park beach which is s short walk from the ship. No waves so it is great for children and you can rent kayak's and snorkel gear, and they have a beach bar. On day 2 we did a catamaran swim and snorkel. This was the highlight of the trip. They take you out to a reef a few miles away and you have 3 hours to snorkel in no more than 15ft of water. Snorkel gear is provided, along with kayak's and paddleboards. There is a bar on the boat and you get a free rum swizzle. It was great. For beaches we went to Horseshoe Bay which is a must see, it is beautiful and Tobacco Bay in the town of St. George, another beautiful beach with no waves and good snorkeling. Dining: We only ate at one speciality restaurant and it was Teppanyaki. All the food in the complimentary dining rooms was excellent. Overall we had a great time and would go again.

Great trip!!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by sabrinaswims76

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda

Overall we had a great time and would go again.
sabrinaswims76’s Full Rating Summary