3. Carnival Legend
We just got off the Legend yesterday. Wanted to write a quick review before I forget details. We had an aft balcony on Deck 5. Our room was nice, but the balcony was sooty and you could not see through the glass on the balcony at all. That being said, we did spend time on the balcony and would just stand and watch the ocean... If I had to do over again, I would not have gotten an aft balcony on this ship. Reason being is the soot... guessing there is not that problem on the sides? One other thing to mention, the trip was rough. I am not and have never been prone to seasickness but had to take something the first night. The waters were rougher than I remembered from our last Alaska venture. There were times when you could not walk a straight line (and no it wasn't alcohol! )We thoroughly enjoyed the ship itself and the layout of the ship. As far as the itinerary, I was disappointed in Tracy Arm Fjord - The ship itself did not get down to see any glaciers, you only saw the glacier if you took the excursion off the ship. Last Alaska cruise we took, we went to Glacier Bay and saw the glacier from the ship (one of the reasons I really wanted an aft balcony) but not on this cruise. We did take the excursion to the glacier and it was awesome. We did the White Summit Train in Skagway and while the reviews on this are high, I would say we could have skipped it and saved the money. Really didn't see anything we hadn't already seen or extraordinary. In Juneau we did the Whale Watch and Rainforest excursion - the whale watching was awesome and the rainforest excursion took us on a trail to the Mendenhall Glacier - Well worth the price! We took the Crab Boat excursion in Ketchikan and it was okay - better than staying on the boat - the guys on the boat had crabbing stories and showed how the things worked on the boat. They let people hold crabs if you wanted to. The best part was the area where they chum the water for eagles and there is a hoard of eagles that was magnificent (highlight of the tour for me.) Back to the ship - Buffet got really old by day 5! There is not a lot of variety - only in one area where they change it out each night - the deli was unimpressive and I didn't want to eat Guys burgers everyday! MDR takes way too long and we could only get late dining - so we only went one night for the whole cruise. We did the steakhouse for two nights and the Chef's table for one night. All in All a great time and I would sail the Carnival Legend again!

Just got back from Alaska on the Legend

texastee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Legend price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 5268
The cabin itself was great - my details about the balcony in the main review above. The room steward was Joko and he was a delight.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Whale Watching
    We did whale watching and got views of several whales - including a mother and baby - it was a great trip - also took a hike through the rainforest which was okay, but the trail ends at the Mendenhall glacier and it was an awesome view. Enjoyed this tour.
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour
    This was okay - it is guys telling stories about working on a crab boat and the boat takes you out into the waters and has some baskets it pulls up. They let you hold crabs if you want - best part was they have a bunch of eagles that they chum the water for... it puts on a great show! They did say that since they have been doing it for every trip - the eagles now know what is going to happen when the blue boat shows up!
    View All 117 Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour Reviews
  • Seattle
    We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront - Nothing special - We got in a day early and took the Argosy cruise through the harbor and through the Locks - it was a great cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We did go to Pikes Market - still unsure why everyone says you need to go there? Don't get it....
    View All 835 Seattle Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Seattle Cruise Port Review
  • Skagway
    Took the railway and it was okay - I didn't think it was anything special.
    View All 1,124 Skagway Cruise Port Reviews