3. Celebrity Summit
We sailed on the Summit (about a year ago), the appearance/maintenance of the ship wasn't that good, but the crew and food preparation was excellent. Now after millions of dollars of upgrades, the ship almost looks like the Edge. We paid extra for Aqua Class, because we wanted fine dining, any time dining, and no waiting (like you have to do with Select Dining). Celebrity added additional rooms to Aqua, which has caused, some of the problems. Instead of what we expected, here's what we experienced: 1. Log wait times for a table, twice over an hour. They don't make you wait in line, like Select Dining, they give you a pager and send you to the Cellar Master Bar. Once they ran out of pagers. Having a pager doesn't make waiting any more fun!!!!!!!!!!! 2. Extremely slow service, from ordering your meal, to having the different courses arrive. Dinner took from 90 minutes to 2 hours, Breakfast was a little better, but not by much. When we ordered our meal, we started telling, just bring it out all together. That didn't help!! Don't forget, sometimes you had to wait, up to an hour to get inside!!!! 3. "Cold food" I believe "Hot Food" should be served hot!! 4 of my meals had to be returned, because of this. This occurred at Breakfast and dinner. 4. "Food Quality/Selection" Some times what they served wasn't what it was suppose to be, or the quality was so poor, it didn't taste right (i.e. Beef Wellington). 5 times (out of an 11 night cruise) I ordered off the Cosmopolitan Menu. 5. Improperly trained personnel (Maitre D), has to be the worst Maitre D we've ever had (38 Celebrity cruises). Here's some of the things he did: a) Charging Elite Plus members for their cappuccinos, there free for us! b) Refusing to put two tables together, so the 4 of us could sit together. c) Refusing to take special request orders. Celebrity has always has always allowed this, as long as they were given, a 24 hour notice. Room service wasn't any better!! For breakfast, I ordered two over medium eggs. What I got was two sunny side-up and they were raw in the center and cold (as well as the rest of the food). Tuscan Grill, because the Blu Restaurant had such slow service, I decided to go to the Elite Breakfast to get my hot chocolate. I placed my order and had to wait about 20 minutes, for a cup of hot chocolate. I could see into the kitchen from where I was sitting, so every time the door opened I could see inside. The waitress was standing with her arms crossed, leaning back against the counter. After about 15 minutes, I approached the Captain's Club hostess, she stated "she's getting it." I waited another 5 minutes, the waitress hasn't moved!!! I looked at the Captain's Club hostess, who this time went in and talked to the waitress. I saw the waitress finally turn around and start making my hot chocolate. All of these experiences are not what we've experienced from Celebrity in the past, or we wouldn't have sailed 38 times. If this is the new Celebrity experience, your not going to see another 38 cruises out of us!!

11 night, June 4th 2019

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Richard1950

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Aqua Class

a) Charging Elite Plus members for their cappuccinos, there free for us!

b) Refusing to put two tables together, so the 4 of us could sit together.

given, a 24 hour notice.

Richard1950’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Aqua Class
Cabin A1 1136
The cabin looks similar to the Edge, minus the Infinite Veranda. A little rust on the balcony. Cabin Attendant was excellent!!
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins