3. Norwegian Escape
This was my 4th cruise to Bermuda and 3rd with NCL. By tradition, we take a family picture while the ship passes under the Verrazano Bridge. Apparently, The Haven sundeck is now age restricted and taking a single is out of the question if one of the family members is under 16. I can see the reason for the restriction if kids are raising hell on the sundeck when people are trying to relax, but their Procrustean enforcement of this is absurd. On previous NCL cruises, we had trouble getting our son to leave the children's' program. On this cruise, he asked to leave after 90 minutes and refused to return the remainder of the cruise. He did not provide any reason other than describing it as "boring". NCL's "signature cheesecake" is off the menu. I mentioned this in The Haven Restaurant and was informed that it was still available, but I had to submit a request 24 hours in advance. Speaking of The Haven Restaurant, the menu is exactly the same, every day. The meat was frequently served under cooked. Our butler didn't do very much, but we got a lot of personal attention from our steward. The other restaurants on the ship had very slow service. Overall, service seemed not to be very good, but not lack of trying on the part of the crew. It seemed as though they were working exceptionally hard to deliver service with limited resources. In effect, not the crew's fault, but the people running the operation. NCL's "White Hot Party" is now called the "Glow Party" and seems to be more of a marketing gimmick for their overpriced booze. It's not NCL's fault that it rained during the party, but you would think since they regard this as one of their "signature events", they would hold it indoors. Handicapped access in The Haven is lacking. My sister is in a wheelchair and it was an ordeal to get her in and out of the cabin through a narrow door. They did have a complimentary ferry to St. George which I thought was nice. Overall, it seemed like everything was just a little bit worse. I enjoy Bermuda, I've been there 6 times, but next time it will be on a different cruise line.

3rd and last NCL Cruise

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by auf_ehre

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: The Haven 2-bedroom Family Villa with Balcony
This was my 4th cruise to Bermuda and 3rd with NCL.

The other restaurants on the ship had very slow service.

They did have a complimentary ferry to St. George which I thought was nice.

auf_ehre’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

The Haven 2-bedroom Family Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4 18710
The cabin was OK, but the balcony was a quarter the size of our lower deck balcony on the Queen Mary 2.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins