• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

meanjean80
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Ocean View

Booked this last year with my older sister (69), her daughter and daughter's partner (mid-thirties) and her grand-daughter Chloe (aged 7). For us we needed something out of Tampa, and I had to be back before Saturday the 15th because of a time commitment. So we chose the Paradise, five days, stopping in Key West, Havana, and Cozumel. The ports of call were incidental to us, which turned out to be a good thing, as the week before we left the plug was pulled on Cuba. Our cruise was now Grand Cayman-Cozumel. The net result for us was a positive, as the ship seemed less crowded and we got a nice amount of on board credit between the five of us. I was afraid that the ship would be full of grumpy people, but not so. Overall folks seemed to be determined to make the best of it.

The ship seemed to be in remarkably good shape for her age, and I found overall the decor to be less over the top than many ships. The painting of the edging between the floors on the ship had an effect of Bavarian village to me. Did not see any signs of wear or tear in our rooms or on the decks. Very clean. No foul smells.

Both of our rooms were ocean view, deck six. Sister and I both a bit at a loss because we usually book balcony, and we missed that, but hardly Carnival's fault. The room itself had enough storage, except for the bathroom, where instead of the usual carnival long vanity with ample shelving, there was a single mirror with one shelf. Side note: somehow we were assigned an accessible room (partially accessible, as I could see it wouldn't work for someone fully disabled). Neither of us need or requested this. But there were extra rails around the toilet, an emergency pull cord, and an emergency call button by the headboards-which I accidentally hit trying to turn out the lights. Guest services called us within fifteen seconds, so I guess it works. Oops. We found the room temperature to be fine, but my niece reported hers to be too warm.

Ocean View

Cabin 6C

Accessible cabin (not needed, just was what assigned to us). No additional seating (probably because of a possible wheelchair). Bathroom different configuration than what we were used to, not as much space for toiletries in the bathroom. Two outlets, plus two usb ports. Cabin was clean and well maintained.

Port Reviews

Tampa

Very easy boarding. We were on the ship by 11:30am.

4 Helpful Votes