3. Harmony of the Seas
GREAT ENTERTAINMENT, BAD SERVICE AND MEDIOCRE FOOD THE BAD RC has gone to new depths to encourage you to spend money. There is no comfortable seating anywhere in the ship, including your cabin, except in the bars. There is no place to sit and read a book. Indeed, there is no library on board. The only half decent food is in the specialty restaurants. So if you do plan to go, despite my warnings herein, add the cost of specialty restaurants to the price of the cruise and make your reservations early. Their on ship app is awful and frustrating, it has limited information, doesn’t always work, and doesn’t notify you if you get a message. So....you will have to buy the WiFi package. The upsell is constant and they must be under a lot of pressure to make quota because they won’t take no for an answer......so very annoying. The shops are over-priced, you can get the same thing in the overpriced tourist traps on shore cheaper. One thing of note, an 18% tip is added to all the bills and called a “service charge”. . So when you are contemplating a tip keep in mind that you have already given them 18%. For myself, I don’t appreciate the deliberate deception. Give great service for a great tip. THE UGLY MEDIOCRE FOOD. Looking forward to great food on your cruise? You won’t find it here. This ship falls way below standards. In main dining the chef does a decent job of cooking the meat properly, but the meat is of the poorer cuts and such low quality that it is tough to cut and chew. The sauces are watery and served skimpily, perhaps a tablespoon. I can’t say if they are tasty as there is not enough served on your plate to make a determination. I don’t know what the eggs are, but they are not real eggs....powder maybe? Note: if you still take a cruise on this ship, there is a fried egg station hidden aft ..... we found it on Day 6. OJ is simply disgusting, not made from oranges. I could go on. Most of the alternatives for lunch, such as Johnny Rockets, aren't worth paying extra for. BAD SERVICE. The wait service in main dining is non-existent. They are quick to take your drink order and charge your account, but you can wait up to 17 minutes (we timed it one night) to have your food order taken. THE GOOD WONDERLAND SPECIALTY RESTAURANT In contrast, we ate at Wonderland one evening and experienced the best meal we had of our life. We have traveled around Europe and the US to some of the best restaurants, so that is saying something. The creativity, the imagination...and I’m talking about the food, not just the surroundings. Bread made into foam, clear tomato juice, meringue dessert in the shape of toadstools. The explosion of flavors as they hit your palette. I won’t spoil the awesome surprise with the smoking eggs and chocolate dessert. Don’t let the menu dissuade you, this is an experience not to be missed and be prepared for the gastronomic experience of your life! THE GOOD GREAT ENTERTAINMENT. I was very impressed with the variety of entertainment and quality of the performers. The ice shows were spectacular. We saw 1887 and the iSkate show, the latter being one put together by the performers themselves. They are world class champions skating for your entertainment pleasure. The aqua show was equally outstanding. The stage rises and falls, the choreography is wonderful.....high divers, tight rope walkers, and a guy who twirls for 10 minutes. We asked, because we had to know, but apparently he meditates and that’s how he can do it for so long. The thing to keep in mind is that they are doing all this on a ship that rocks back and forth! There is also a lot to be said about the cool things on the ship. Imagine the elevator doors opening up and there before you in the elevator is a funky guy with a funky hat, singing and playing the piano.... a piano in the elevator! I rode up and down with him and had a jolly good time. So cool! Or you can order a drink and watch a robot make it for you! Too cool! Or you go sit at a bar in Central Park to have a drink and the entire bar rises and falls three stories! Or ride a carousel....on a cruise ship. Or how about watching a replica of the kinetic sculpture of Kafka in Prague (a silver head that turns around in sections). Hard to describe. Zip lines, water slides, this ship has it all. For us, this was our first and last RC cruise, even if they did improve the service and the food. In addition to the things discussed above, there is music everywhere. You cannot get away from it. Music in one area competing with music in another area. Then on top of that, the many passengers trying to talk above it all. Waiting long periods of time for the elevator because of the masses of people waiting for one.The lack of comfortable seating. The void of a place to go an sit quietly and talk or read. The awful food and service. I can spend my money on a ship far more enjoyable that doesn't confront you with a sales pitch at every turn

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by LindaBlench

GREAT ENTERTAINMENT, BAD SERVICE AND MEDIOCRE FOOD

THE BAD

THE UGLY

THE GOOD

WONDERLAND SPECIALTY RESTAURANT

THE GOOD