3. Island Princess
I am glad we were booked on a small ship and were able to cruise Glacier Bay, but we will never cruise with Princess again. The ship is in desperate need of a complete overhaul. Everything was old and outdated. Princess also needs to overhaul the food and entertainment onboard. I have never had such bad food on a cruise ship. Not only was the quality and execution bad, the portions were very small. The only decent meals we had were at the Crab Pot and Bayou. While all of the servers/employees did an adequate job, none of them excelled. Actually, our room steward was a little lacking. I had to call to get a breakfast room service card each day and he kept trying to turn down our bed at 5:00 while we were in the room. We really enjoyed the excursions, but they are run by outside companies, so I cannot give the credit to Princess. We also enjoyed all of our time on the land portion of our tour. The only complaint I have is that at each and every location, there were no temperature controls for the room. We had to sleep with the windows open in order to have a little comfort. In the future, we will stick with Royal Caribbean.

Alaska - Fairbanks, Double Denali, Mt. McKinley, Wittier to Vancouver