3. MSC Seaside
It took us 2 days to reach Miami as we were coming from Cape Town, South Africa, and it was well worth the trip. I slept 1 night in Miami before the cruise, and did the Topless Bus Tour around Miami Beach. We then boarded the MSC Seaside. We boarded around 14:30 and what a pleasure. We could get straight onto the ship. Our entire experience on this cruise was amazing, we loved it so much. Our balcony room was spacious, and Andrii our room steward was very friendly and always did a wonderful job in our room. I've read many posts about how boring the food is. And I must say, we loved the food. Yes the food isn't for everyones tastes, and they try to accommodate everyone, but for us it was great. You don't have to eat the exact same food all the time, mix it up. I didn't eat the same thing every day. The shows were brilliant in the Theater. However, I didn't enjoy the Silent Disco. Being non-smokers this Silent Disco was held in the pool smoking area, and the people were so spread out around the pool it felt like we were dancing by ourselves. In fact, we couldn't use that pool area at all in the day due to the smokers. The bars were always busy, but no real long queues to complain about. The one pool deck had a very long queue for the bar the one time, so we went to another bar. The Easy Drinks package was not worth our while. The cocktail portion of the menu isn't really cocktails, more Bourbon and Coke, or Vodka and juice. You could have a mocktail and add a tot of vodka, but what a mission everytime. It would have been nicer to have a couple proper cocktails on that menu aswell. We absolutely loved the Dance Classes at 9pm in the lounge. We had so much fun learning the new dances, and the main dance teacher, dont know what his name is, he was brilliant, and so interactive with the guests. He gave us such a workout each night, even our stomach muscles from laughing. We did 3 excursions which we bought through MSC, and that was amazing. We don't have to worry about finding taxis, or organising anything. All we had to do was pitch up at our spot at the time allocated. It was amazing. We would definitely recommend doing this. Our only downside on the Dolphin Swim excursion was the cost of the photos at the end. $120 for our 2 people photos is extremely expensive, since we have to multiply that price by 15 to get it into our local currency. We landed up just getting my dolphin photos for $70 and still almost cried at the price. The excursion itself was already expensive. This put such a huge cloud over the rest of that day for us. I experience terrible motion sickness, yet I did not feel a thing on this ship. I never once had to think of taking a tablet, or even just feel the ship move. I was so impressed with that. Overall, we absolutely loved this holiday. We traveled long and far for it, and a week later still recovering from Jetlag, but was so worth it. We are booked for MSC Orchestra in 8 months, it's a lot smaller and the one we can use that is local for us this next season, but am so looking forward to doing it with all my family.

An amazing holiday

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by Lisa-Marie

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

In fact, we couldn't use that pool area at all in the day due to the smokers.

Lisa-Marie’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 9141
So very spacious. We loved the mattress, it's the best mattress we've ever slept on. We could have had more hangers in the cupboard, but we did bring some from home which helped
Mondello Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    The snorkel gear was amazing, never had snorkels like those before. They really are good for beginners. Being so close to the fish was fabulous. We were also given a beer and packet of chips at the end, which was a welcome relief. Very thankful for that. We weren't allowed to put sunscreen on, so we did burn a little.
    View All 421 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Dolphin Swim
    The encounter with the dolphins was a dream come true. Joy the dolphin was stunning and had so much fun. The downer, the cost of the photos at the end was horrendous
    View All 81 Dolphin Swim Reviews
  • Stingray Swim
    So many people on this sand bank. It was a weird experience to be around the stingrays, but still awesome at the same time. Still amazed at how clear the water was out there
    View All 718 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Nassau
    It was a public holiday so everything was closed. We did manage to find Sharkeez pub that was open which we enjoyed sitting at and watching the street below.
    View All 5,851 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Bobsled Tour
    Pity we were only allowed to do it once, would have liked to do it twice. It was so much fun, and the cable way ride up and down was stunning
    View All 71 Bobsled Tour Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    Quite an experience, didn't realise how busy it would be. But we had a blast climbing the Falls
    View All 248 Dunn's River Falls Reviews