3. MV Mahabaahu
First l should say, I am not a cruiser. However, In April I had the pleasure of boarding the MV Mahabaahu for an expeditionary adventure cruise down the Brahmaputra River and I loved every moment. The Mahabaahu has cruises available up or downstream; My choice was 8 days downstream from Jorhat to Guwahati and I discovered the necessity for the cruise vessel to be accompanied by a pilot boat which navigates safe passage on the fast-flowing Bramhaputra River with its ever changing landscapes and shifting sands. It is fascinating to watch this progress with the Captain from the wheelhouse. Onboard a resident naturalist provides informative talks to guests prior to on-shore excursions and of an evening there is a slide show. These varied experiences ranged from colourful cultural dances, visits to building remnants of the Ahom Dynasty as well as several villages which specialise in weaving, fishing or farming. A visit to Assam would not be complete without a wander through the famous Assamese tea estates or an extensive safari within the World Heritage Kaziranga National Park. The Mahabaahu crew members are super friendly, helpful and attentive. Nothing is too much trouble. Creative chefs produced a selection of delectable daily menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I loved the blended fruit drinks offered after excursions not to mention the evening cocktails which always kept my tastebuds guessing. This may have been my first luxury river cruise however, Neena our cruise director, together with the wonderful Mahabaahu crew members, have ensured I will return for another. Highly recommended

Adventure with a touch of Luxury

MV Mahabaahu Cruise Review by Ahnah

First l should say, I am not a cruiser.

Highly recommended