3. Carnival Vista
I am a frequent cruiser and have cruised RCCL, NCL, Disney, Celebrity, and Carnival all in the past. I find that Carnival has the best deck parties and just seems more fun in general. However, this ship deserves the poor reviews. The Pro's: Great Deck parties Stage Show Flick Sports Square and all it entails like Sky Ride and Ropes Course The Thrill and Imax theaters Guys Burgers, the Lido Deli The Con's: Horrible Dining Room Experience- I was unable to eat any of the meat dishes I was served. We had one waiter for our table for 12. The service was extremely slow. Drinks were hard to get, and even harder to get a refill. Cabin Steward: I only asked to have ice delivered twice/day and service in the evening. I repeatedly had to request ice, and my beach towels weren't replaced. I had to find him and ask about it and he said he ran out of towels before he got to my room. WHAT??? We also didn't receive any debarkation information. We got it from other family members. Elevators: SUPER SUPER SLOW. I took the stairs. Liquid Lounge: Seating was awful, as others have stated. Punchliner Comedy Club: Not enought seating. If you arrived 30 minutes early, you still may be standing. Debarkation: Total nightmare. Took us about 1 1/2 hours. I read that it took others up to 6 hours. We had Faster to the Fun. We actually had a fun vacation, and I will probably cruise Carnival again in the future. However, I had a Panorama cruise booked for next June and I cancelled it this morning. I don't want to sail on a ship that is a sister to the Vista. I really didn't like the layout or the closed in feeling of it. If the shows and the dining room experience are important to you, I wouldn't recommend this ship.

Enjoyed the cruise despite the problems

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by briternik

Stage Show Flick

Sports Square and all it entails like Sky Ride and Ropes Course

The Thrill and Imax theaters

Guys Burgers, the Lido Deli

Elevators: SUPER SUPER SLOW. I took the stairs.

Liquid Lounge: Seating was awful, as others have stated.

briternik’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 9468
This was my first aft balcony. I will go back to my usual balcony after trying it. It was very noisy, right below the lido. I thought it would quieten at night, but it sounded like crew was working up there from around midnight to 3 am. I don't get seasick, but felt a lot of movement from this cabin. It kept feeling like my bed was being bumped. The extended balcony was wonderful, but I felt like I couldn't see well to either side of the ship. I wouldn't pay extra to stay in this room type again.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins