3. Norwegian Escape
Bermuda has always been a bucket list item for us and what better way to travel than a cruise! I thought the port time was long enough and was able to get to the major sites I wanted to see. I have been on a few cruises before and here is what I loved about Norwegian. The Free Style dining is great! My husband and I did not keep any kind of regular schedule and it was nice to breakfast at 7:30am or 11am and dinner at 5pm or 9pm. Definitely would recommend late night reservations at the Manhattan Room for their late night live music starting at 8pm. On the flip side, the optional "formal night" was kind of lame and not well promoted. We actually missed it and just decided to wear our formal clothes to dinner the next day. The Open Bar Package as your Free at Sea offer is definitely the way to go. I loved the huge option of Bars and Cocktail Lounges. We barely had time for all of them but the interior designed and menus are terrific. And the bartenders are fast and professional. make sure you check out the water front in the mornings and afternoons, it is always quiet there! We only went to one specialty dining restaurant, Le Bistro, and the additional prices were extremely reasonable. We had a great waiter and the food presentation was beautiful. My husband and I loved the Thermal Spa and Suite. We got the whole week pass and it was totally worth it. We spent about 2 hours a day there just enjoying the quiet and hot stone lounge chairs. I especially appreciated the Hydro-therapy Pool and Steam/Salt rooms. I had a bit of a cold while we were traveling. I am glad we had the passes because there was never a hot tub open anywhere on the main Pool deck. We only spent the first day there and avoided it because it was too crowded the rest of the trip. The Choir of Man show was AMAZING! We had planned to go the first night but I got seasick so we went to a later show in the week and it was totally worth it! The songs and talent were great. After Midnight had a strong cast however, I thought the content of the show was a little dated (problematic). Especially since it was a fully black cast of performers bopping around the "Cotton Club". Could probably use a bit more diversity on the production team. The Cruise Director was very energetic and hilarious we had a ton of fun at the 80's night and the White Night. Also the ropes course is legit! It is not physically strenuous but definitely thrilling! I was kind of relieved the upper level course was out of service due to high winds. Make sure you bring sneakers for this otherwise they will not let you participate! Overall we would definitely consider Norwegian again for their wide variety of activities, bars, and nightlife on the Escape. The Ship was definitely packed but having a few quiet places to retreat to made it feel like we were on an Ocean Oasis.

Open Bar Package, Thermal Suite Passes, and Choir of Man are a must!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by joules72

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

joules72’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin ID 12407
We were in the very front of the ship in an Indoor Suite. The space was very well designed and had lots of nooks and crannies for loose items. Would definitely recommend magnetic hooks/clothes pins though to help hang up wet suits and things.

Our steward was great! We loved the towel animals and he helped us get back into our room when we forgot the keys and we were in our pjs. The amenities were very good. Plenty of towels, pool towels, hand soap, and body wash. Please note Norwegian uses a Shampoo/Conditioner mixture! If you are particular about your ratios then you should pack your own.

Overall our stateroom was very nice, but being as far forward as we were it definitely rocked on the seas. While it was great because our hallway was always pin drop quiet it made moving around the room tricky at times.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Bermuda Triangle Cruise
    I booked the Bermuda Triangle Twighlight Glass Bottom Boat Tour with Viator. It was great! The staff was a team of locals so they shared a lot about what it was like to live there. Also they give you one free Rum Swizzle then cash bash after that. The ship wreck site was really cool. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip!
    View All 35 Bermuda Triangle Cruise Reviews
  • Crystal Caves
    The Crystal Caves are gorgeous! All of my best photos of Bermuda are there. The tour guide was friendly and very knowledgeable. Make sure you know before you go there are quite a few stairs and the walk ways are narrow and tight. The only down side was the tour was a little short only took about 30 minutes.
    View All 56 Crystal Caves Reviews
  • Horseshoe Bay Beach
    Horseshoe Bay was great! The beach is kept in really clean condition and the lifeguards are very proactive. The swimming area is nice but the sand will not be as pink as you think it is. They have a lot of amenities like snack shack, bathroom, rental chairs and umbrellas.

At first, I was worried it was super touristy but make sure you keep walking towards the left hand side of the beach. There are some beautiful rock areas and a trail that will take you to all the major beaches. It's a great place to explore some beautiful wild life so bring your walking sandals!
    View All 151 Horseshoe Bay Beach Reviews
  • Royal Naval Dockyard
    Royal Naval Dockyard is a nice port. It is very clean and has some nice amenities like a pharmacy and all the restaurant areas offer free wifi with a purchase. We liked the local ice cream place and got some good frozen drinks from Bonefish. It's very well managed but you can tell the locals only come here to work.
    View All 35 Royal Naval Dockyard Reviews
  • 9/11 Memorial
    I thought the 9/11 Memorial was beautifully designed and very moving. I have a few problems with the overall historical narrative of the museum but I am glad to see the area has been revitalized and a place of joy versus terror.
    View All 18 9/11 Memorial Reviews
  • Rockefeller Center
    My husband and I happened upon Rockfeller center randomly. There is some great shopping and displays I would recommend checking out. Also lots of affordable lunch options. There is also a nice public indoor space to rest and use restrooms. We did not do On Top of the Rock because it was too expensive.
    View All 8 Rockefeller Center Reviews
  • Times Square
    Times Square is always wild. We did the TKTS line and were able to get Dear Evan Hansen tickets for $75! Also some fun shopping and displays to check out. The space is packed and dirty though. Don't plan to get through there in a hurry.
    View All 7 Times Square Reviews