Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by majda89

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Superior Verandah Suite

Nine of us traveled together to cruise the Panama Canal. Our group consisted of three married couples and three single ladies ranging in age from 50 on up. Despite different interests among the members of the group, I don't remember anyone complaining of being bored. Three of us enjoyed the trivia contests, others spent lots of time (and money!) at bingo, some enjoyed the movies and entertainment in the theatre, one single lady in our group enjoyed visiting all of the lounges, and one of the married gentlemen in our party (my own DH) enjoyed hanging out on his balcony, reading and enjoying the scenery. Our signature suite, SY 8094, was situated where the ship juts out and featured a long balcony, which we both enjoyed immensely.

My only complaint would be the casino, which was dinky and did not feature a good variety. Of course, I would have done better if I would have stayed away, as I lost a bunch of money. It wasn't like there wasn't enough to do....

The shore stops were long enough to provide a good overview of places that we'd like to revisit. Entertainment was good, food was good, and I would recommend anyone for this ship and PC itinerary! Consistent quality keeps us coming back to HAL.

majda89's Full Rating Summary

Superior Verandah Suite
Cabin SY 8094

Cabin 8094 - double vanity sinks in BR, bathtub and shower. Nice sitting area in the cabin (in addition to just the bed) and the balcony was wonderful. The ship angles back, giving us a longer, almost bi-directional balcony. We especially enjoyed the balcony in the mornings, while sipping our coffee and planning our day. Our stewards were very busy, but always eager to please. Recommended!

majda89