3. Norwegian Escape
I traveled solo on a May cruise to Bermuda from NY and got a pretty good last minute deal on an oceanview cabin. Norwegian has a lot of programs for solo travelers especially if you get a studio room. Since I was not located in the studio section I did not get access to lounge or any of the solo activities, hence I didn't meet many people. Overall I was surprised by the amount of kids on the cruise especially since it was mid May. Most seemed decently behaved but others just ran wild everywhere. For this reason I did not find this cruise to be totally relaxing. The food for the most part, with the exception of one meal I had in the dining room was excellent. I tried Savor, Taste and Manhattan. All serve the same food. I liked the Manhattan room the best. I did not go for any of the specialty dining. I found the buffet to be endless and had some great selections including crepes. I really enjoyed the supper club and saw both shows. This was one of the highlights of my cruise. I didn't care for the pool activities. Belly flop contests, who has hairiest chest, twerking,. Just not my things. But The waterslides were pretty cool. I tried two of them. On one you used an inner tube to slide down a series of turns and twists. The other one was a 30 foot drop followed by a couple of corkscrews. Beware because water goes up your nose on this one and it is quite intense. I'm gonna try to Celebrity next time. It's more expensive but it seems to check more of the boxes I'm looking for.

Mediocre Experience on Escape

ducheau’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin O2 5750
It sucked.!!!! DO NOT get this cabin or any one around it. Norwegian upgraded me to a family oceanview which I was at first excited about. Turns out it is right below the ships stabilizers and was noisy all the time, even in the middle of the night. I could hear engine noise, and periodic banging. It was quite unpleasant. Also, you can count on hearing neighbors on the side of you. These rooms can house up to 5 people so avoid if you traveling or solo or with just another person.
On the positive my cabin attendant was excellent and the room was always cleaned well. It was also quite large and had a tub.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins