• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

MSC Bellissima Review

Editor Rating

First time on MSC, now I'm hooked on Yacht Club!

Review for MSC Bellissima to the Mediterranean
Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Yacht Club Royal Suite

I had read about MSC's Yacht Club being a less expensive rival of NCL's Haven. We had really enjoyed the Haven, but the prices are getting crazy! So, I called my TA to find a cruise in the Yacht Club. Boy, did she! We were in the Royal Suite on the Bellissima, which wasn't even built when we booked! Also booked a Deluxe Suite for my son and his wife.

Our cabin was FABULOUS! The beds were blissful. We had 2 balconies and a hot tub on our deck, which we made use of! The Yacht Club was truly relaxing and enjoyable. Everyone was friendly and wanted to ensure our experience was positive and memorable! We ate in the YC restaurant almost exclusively....we did eat in the steak house 1 night, as we had matching Black status. The bar in YC was pleasant, with hors d-oeures available and often entertainment (piano, violin, etc) playing. We didn't use the pool on top, since we had our own hot tub, but there was a cabana available for us, if we had wanted it. Appreciated the wrist band to open cabin door---I didn't have to carry anything!

Food: we kept to the YC dining room. The portions are smaller on MSC, but that is actually a good thing....they are more in line with what a portion SHOULD look like, instead of the huge portions Americans are used to eating. Of course, they will bring additional or even cook up something special! (Yes, we did ask if they were going to have creme brulee, which they were not planning, but made special for us! Bend over backwards service!) AND, there was lobster on the menu one night, which has basically disappeared from other lines! The only disappointing experience we had was in the steak house--and it really wasn't a bad experience. We were full from our dinner and wanted to have our dessert sent to our room. They would not acquiesce, but they would allow us to come back later and have our dessert. I have a suspicion that if I had mentioned it to the YC folks, they would have been aghast and rectified that immediately, but it wasn't a big deal---as I said, we were full!

Yacht Club Royal Suite

Cabin YC3

Okay, so we had the best room on the ship! Hot tub on the large deck; huge table for 8 on deck, lounge chairs--what's not to love? The room was large, so we enjoyed lounging around with my son and his wife. There was a 2 sink bathroom, with both tub and shower; a separate closet area (almost 1/2 of a regular inside stateroom--and I mean the entire stateroom); a bedroom with desk, tv, and separate balcony, really comfy bed; and a living area larger than many staterooms.

Port Reviews

Naples

We did Pompeii and Sorrento. Enjoyed both.

Taormina (Messina)

I see why movie stars and millionaires like the area! Don't plan on time for shopping!

Malta (Valletta)

We did Rabat, Mosta, and Mdina. Loved the churches!

Barcelona

The La Sagrada Familia is just spectacular. We had seen it 30 years ago, and it has come a long way since then! We also went to a few other places. Gaudi was ahead of his time.

Marseille

We actually were enjoying the ship so much, we didn't get off at this port.

6 Helpful Votes