3. Celebrity Eclipse
Alaska was on our bucket list and our 5th Celebrity Cruise. Very scenic and the weather was not too cold for June 2-9, 2019. Some rain but overall the weather was great. Being from Canada the coastline is similar to Ontario lakes other than the massive mountains along the coast. Saw a few whales and whale tails as well as Bald Eagles. One of the disappointing things at the Glacier (no fault of Celebrity) was we could not hear the Glacier movement. Perhaps not everyone knows this but Glaciers make sounds as they move. We had a group of 50+ people down on the helipad singing at the top of their lungs for 10 minutes or so which ruined the experience for everyone else onboard. I have mentioned this to Celebrity via Facebook to inform their guests on future cruises the need for quiet as this is an important part of the Glacier experience. Not sure if we expected more than on previous cruises but the service while good for the most part was not exceptional as it has been on our past 4 cruises with Celebrity. We have been traveling Aqua Class (3rd time now) and the breakfast service was slower than we are used to in Blu and I'm sure they lost my breakfast order one morning as it took more than 30 minutes to arrive. Luckily it was a sea day so did not have to be anywhere. The food in Blue was not up to normal standards either. Had a rib eye that had far too much fat on it and somewhat chewy. Stateroom attendant Made (yes his name) was exceptional. I have a shellfish allergy which Celebrity knew and was on my reservation but still had canapes delivered on the first day that had shrimp in it. We informed Made and we asked for fresh fruit and cheeses to be our daily canapes and he made those arrangements for us. Celebrity should not have delivered the shellfish to begin with. We ate in the Ocean View Cafe one afternoon for lunch and had a Chinese Food Day onboard and I took a couple of scoops of fried rice with chicken (that is what the sign said) and guess what? There were small shrimp in there too! Glad I saw that before I ate it. We stayed in stateroom #1610 which given the location allowed for a larger balcony that other staterooms. Interior was the same as other Aqua Class staterooms we have had. Not sure if we will choose Celebrity on our next cruise or go back to Holland America or something else. Make sure if you have the time post cruise to visit Whistler, BC for a couple of days to top off your trip. It was incredible.

Hubbard Glacier Amazing