3. Sapphire Princess
My son chose this Cruise as he had sailed with NCL and Royal Carribean and had nothing but praise for those two companies and the brilliant time I was going to have. He chose it as it seemed comparable with those two companies on price and Marketing jargon but did not live up to the hype. The entertainment was more Butlins than West End, although the theatre was very good and the last show was ok but according to my son, with RC & NCL that happens every night. The food at best was adequate and did not live up to my expectation. In fact, the conversation around our table and talking to other guests was that the standards were not as good as similarly priced competitors. Even the waiting staff agreed that it was a common observation by guests, although according to my son, when you mention this to Princess Customer Services, they deny it all (rather unsurprisingly) My son worked as a chef in top establisments for many years and is quite capable of making the distinction. The crew were very good, the ship was lovely, the public places clean and nice to be in but the whole thing was a bit of a let down for us, as my son felt guilty at encouraging me to come along at a cost well in excess of £1000, a lot for me on my pension ! The cabin was nice enough and served its purpose. I will go Cruising again, but not on Princess, I will take my sons advise and go with NCL next time, suggest you do the same.

Below average food, Poor entertainment, not what I expected for 1st Cruise

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by mnuttall

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe

The cabin was nice enough and served its purpose.

mnuttall’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Spacious, clean and tidy and well maintained by the maid.
No complaints but my it was way too hot in there even with the air conditioning on
  Sapphire Princess Deck Plans