Golden Princess Cruise Review
1,451 Reviews

Best service, entertainment and food!

Golden Princess Cruise Review by chonkod

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Wanted to experience an Alaska cruise tour and this cruise fit the time frame. Princess does the best job on cruises to Alaska so we didn't look at other cruise lines.

I have cruised a lot on Princess, Celebrity, Norwegian, Carnival, Cunard and Holland America. I was pleasantly surprised at how excellent the service was throughout the ship--dining room, lounges and even the buffet!

The Princess singers and dancers were Broadway quality or even better! They did three production shows on a 7 night cruise. They also did some short shows in the Atrium.

The food was fantastic. The new menu and offerings since my last Princess cruise 3 years ago is a step up.

Sled dog puppies in the atrium!!!! What an experience! Guest speaker, Libby Riddles, is excellent sharing her experiences with the Iditarod and living in Alaska. Glacier Bay Rangers were also informative and approachable.

Any negatives? The shower is small--wish it were larger. However the closet space is the largest on any cruise line. Wish Princess offered regular ice cream in the buffet during lunch in addition to the soft serve outside on deck.

chonkod's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV E218

Our room steward was excellent and always remembered to give us the extras we asked for each day. I love the closet space but just wish that the shower was bigger.

Ketchikan

No rain in Ketchikan!!!! i just walked around the town and visited the shops this trip.

Juneau

This is my 4th visit to Juneau. No rain this time so I was able to do a lot of walking around the town and cruise port.

Skagway

This was my 4th visit to Skagway. I just like to walk around the town and visit the shops.

Whittier

It was raining and we arrived late as we took the domed rail train from Denali to Whittier. No time to explore.

chonkod