3. Norwegian Getaway
I chose this cruise 3 weeks before the sail date, I just happened to see an email with the itinerary, which was great. NCL does offer great itineraries, but these very large ships are not for me. NCL took my money without making a reservation for me. Took days to clear up and resulted in my credit card company suspecting fraud on my account and then insisting that I get a new card with a new number. A very stressful start. I traveled alone for the first time and NCL provided a solo travelers meeting place daily along with reservations for dinner if you wanted to dine with the group, which was very nice. The cruise director was the best I have ever seen on my 14 cruises, very friendly entertaining, spontaneous and funny. BURN THE FLOOR was great ( saw it 2x), so was MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET. NCL needs to improve its service in the dining rooms, seemed like most of the wait staff had no idea what they were doing. Long waits for the food most days. The food is mediocre compared to other cruise lines. It was very hard to get a table att the buffet, We missed 2 ports, very disappointing, but I did get my shore excursion money back. Most of the excursions were good, Bergen on Foot very disappointing. Scotland had to wait over an hour for tenders to get back to the ship. Poor planning on NCL part, having all the excursions end at the same time. Large ships like the Getaway are not for me.

VERY LARGE SHIP

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by losumi

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Large ships like the Getaway are not for me.
losumi’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin O1 5770
I was upgraded for a small fee and I was very happy with the cabin. It had a bathtub and double sink, and was midship. My cabin steward, Ricard was great, and so was Jason another steward on the deck who helped my several times.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins