• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Explorer of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
2092 reviews
12 Awards

Glad to be back on Explorer

Review for Explorer of the Seas to the British Isles & Western Europe
Mad RCI fan
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Interior

It was nice to be back on Explorer after many years. Embarkation was very quick and i was on board before 11 am. I know Explorer is due an upgrade soon but it didn't worry me at all. The crew were amazing always smiling and kind they really made my cruise. I enjoyed the food and didn't feel the need to eat in any other restaurants other than the main dining room and the windjammer. I have to say i was very tempted i have to say to eat in Chops though.

My cabin was 6441 an inside which was ideal for me i was well looked after by the kind steward looking after my room. Entertainment was good in the Promenade and the Schooner bar, i didn't see any other entertainment. I was told by many people i met how good the shows were and the ice skating show.

I didn't do any shore excursions but as normal just did what i wanted when we arrived in the ports. Shore excursions seemed busy but i never spoke to anyone that had booked any so i cannot comment.

Interior

Cabin 6V

My cabin was clean and i thought in good condition. The water pressure for the shower was really good and the bed very comfortable. As always i'm not sure i got the cabin category correct

Port Reviews

Tenerife

Only a brief visit in to town a long walk

Lanzarote

Again a brief walk in to town nothing really open in the Marina

Vigo

I do love Vigo sat in the cafe / bars with a drink watching on and looking over the lovely port

Madeira (Funchal)

I really enjoyed Madeira nice food near the ship and of course a glass of Madeira wine

Find an Explorer of the Seas Cruise from $229