3. Ovation of the Seas
The Ovation of the Seas is an amazing ship, and was almost perfect for a cruise to Alaska. I'd say you need to enjoy a "big" ship experience to get the most out of cruising on Ovation. This is most definitely a great ship for a multi-generational group; it has something for everyone. Most of the time I was able to find a quiet place or an activity depending on my mood. We didn't travel with children so the Solarium was a nice retreat as was Vintages. We booked one of the forward facing cabins just under the bridge. I spent a lot of time looking out of the picture window in the cabin. I think I enjoyed it more than I would have a balcony. The cabin was excellent; I really appreciated the space allocation. The washroom was very adequate and well designed. Please know that the beds are very hard, and after seven nights I was a bit grumpy about that. This is even with an extra mattress pas installed by the room steward. There was some "not friendly" service in some areas. It seemed like everyone working in a good area on Decks 4 and 5 were a little tired. This was in stark contrast to the excellent, happy service in the Windjammer and other locations. The service and experience at the NorthStar, however, was unacceptable. The person coordinating that experience was very rude to several passengers waiting for the "ride". I was honestly shocked by their behavior. We had a three night dining package. I'd say skip Wonderland if you are thinking about it. The food was very unremarkable. Chops was a good as ever; Jamie's Italian was my favorite specialty restaurant. We only ate at the dining room for lunch and it was good. The Windjammer was good, especially for breakfast. There's a huge selection. Room Service Continental Breakfast was my cruise treat; I loved it. Overall, it was a good experience. The ship is new and beautiful. The crew seems dedicated. Alaska is a must see!

Amazing Ship with some shortcomings

rwebb1422’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View
Cabin 2M 11500
Excellent space allocation and plenty of storage. The beds are very firm.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins