3. Carnival Pride
We chose this cruise because it disembarks out of Baltimore and it was easy to get to. This is why I'm giving it 2 stars: 1. Our room had a squeaky bunkbed that squeaked all night long; a really LOUD shrieking non-stop sound. The only way we could get it to die down, was by jamming stuff in the wall where the bunkbed frame was secured against the wall. Staff came about 3 times and could not fix it. We would reposition noise reducers through the night. 2. Our room balcony doors were not sealed properly and the wind made a horrible whistling sound all night long. We told staff and they did nothing. WE GOT NO SLEEP FOR 7 NIGHTS!!! 3. The staff are miserable. They are overworked and it shows. They are the most miserable staff I have ever seen in my life. They give good enough service and they try to be polite, but they are so tired and unhappy. 4. It's a party boat. Loud music until midnight on lido deck and drunk people everywhere. No class. 5. The auditorium shows are drab at best. Really bad singers and no worthy shows to see. We were bored most of the time. The comedy was great, but who wants to hear a comedian spew out toilet humor every night. It's fun the first three nights and then you want something different. We ended up watching movies in our room some days. There is NOTHING to do in the afternoon on sea days...no movies...nothing really for families. Just bikini contests, bingo that costs $$$, etc. 5. The ceiling in our hallway was dripping the entire week. They had 4 buckets collecting the drips the ENTIRE WEEK. We had to walk past it constantly to get to the elevators. 6. We changed credit cards for our tab and they got it wrong and charged the wrong credit card. We had to go in line to fix it. Took 45 minutes. 7. Public washrooms are filthy and there are barely any hand sanitizing stations in the main dining room; they don't push for people to sanitize their hands. This means that disease could easily spread if one person was infected with Noro Virus. 8. Carnival offered us a "meh" compensation for our room issues. They offered us basically a free excursion for my husband and I on our next cruise with Carnival. No refund for our troubles, but we did get apologies from the main desk on the ship and the complaint line after our cruise. I should note that the main desk really did try to do their best to help us and they were always polite; so were the repair men that came to our room. We are not planning on ever booking Carnival again. It was a terrible experience for my whole family. Even my kids got bored. How to improve? Afternoon matinee movies for families; better shows in the evening; maintain the rooms...this would be a start.

Room was terrible; staff are just ok; it's a party ship

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by HeloiseCDN

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

WE GOT NO SLEEP FOR 7 NIGHTS!!!

HeloiseCDN’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M
Cabin was terrible. We had an extended balcony; the doors were not sealed and whistled all night long. The bunk bed made a very loud squeaking noise every night and it never got fixed. Staff couldn't fix it. They tried 3 times. We got zero sleep for a week.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins