3. Sapphire Princess
I chose this Cruise because I am a regular Cruiser and was running out of ships & destinations with my favourite company NCL and to a lesser extent Royal Carribean. On the surface they seemed very good and the recent tv program swung it in their favour. The Que tmerely to register should have been a warning, way too long, way to slow and not enough staff to manage. Pop down the road and see how easy it is with Royal Carribean who simply make the whole thing painless from the moment you park your car. Now to the truth of the matter. The food was way below standard compared to NCL and RC, some of it was even inedible. I spent 25 years as a Chef in a previous life so I can talk with some expertise. The service was great but you can't eat service. The Entertainment was dreadful, particularly in the theatre compared to some of the fantastic stuff you get all night long with NCL. Simply not even close to Norwegian Cruise Line The Casino closed at 1.30 latest every night to the huge annoyance of everyone playing, and although I spend small this is the highlight of my holiday. I purchased 2 very expensive drink packages to cover my casino use and barely touched them. I asked for a refund of one of them when I got home and it was declined, together with my other issues brushed aside. I felt completely ripped off and Princess Customer Services are totally inept and brush off your observations without any satisfactory resolution. I hate moaning and can usually live with what I get but this Cruise cost me a lot of money and left a really bad taste in the mouth. (Metaphorically and in reality) I will remember your Southern Fried Chicken long after I forget your Cruise, I think I am still trying to digest it. Seriously, if you are looking for a great Cruise with fantastic food and entertainment, go with NCL. They get it as right as Princess get it wrong and are about the same prices without silly restrictions on the amount you can drink. I spent a lot of money on this holiday and feel utterly ripped off in terms of money spent and service received. I have spent the last 12 years recommending cruises to all of my friends and anyone who will listen, and dozens of them had taken me up on it, primarily going with NCL and having the time of their lives. I have been a great Marketing agent for them all of this time, and will now turn my attention to telling people the truth about Princess. The refund of a drink package and a sincere apology and explanation would have helped, and certainly prevented this, but that was too much for them. In some small way I hope that people will read this and be warned and spend their hard earned money elsewhere. To give this advice, and cost Princess sales will in some way make this experience a little easier to swallow, unlike their Chicken ! Trust me, if you are a new Cruiser, or someone looking for a change, and do not want the stuffiness of P&O, treat your self to NCL (not the Epic though as its too big and busy and badly laid out re the staterooms) To a lesser extent I recommend Royal Carribean but Princess, what can I say, You have been warned

Way below expectations,Not even close to NCL in any dept.You've been warned

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by steve1962cruiser

steve1962cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

The cabin itself was an inside mid deck and probably the best I have seen or been in. Spacious, well laid out, great tv, around 50 inch and loads of free up to date movies. Bed very comfortable, as they are on every ship I have been on. The shower isn't great with a fabric shower curtain but you can live with it, however, the air conditioning is virtually useless making it almost unbearable at night. When I inquired, I was told its about as good as it gets. Really ?
  Sapphire Princess Deck Plans