Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by pjpreds

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

We arrived in Seattle and went directly to the ship for embarkation. The embarkation experience was very smooth and went very quick. The disembarkation was a little disorganized and timely, but not bad.

The ship overall was beautiful, clean, and new. The cabin was very nice and clean and sufficient for two people. The balcony was decent size and great for seeing all the wonderful Alaskan scenery.

The dining experience was very poor and I am so disappointed. My two prior cruises with Norwegian left me thinking the food would be terrific. The food both times was excellent. So we were both disappointed. We did go to the specialty restaurants 5 times including Food Republic, Q, Ocean Blue, Cagneys, and La Cucina.

Food Republic and La Cucina were both excellent. Q was okay for barbeque, but if you order the friend green tomatoes expecting what you would get in the South, you will be disappointed. Just don't order them. The Brisket was great. Ocean Blue was a joke. Don't go to this seafood restaurant expecting crab and Lobster. No crab on the menu and the Lobster costs extra on top of the surcharge you pay ABOVE the cost of the specialty dining package. The food we did get was just okay. Cagneys prior trips was amazing. This time the steak was mostly gristle and tough (Ribeye). My own petite filet was good. The side dishes were a little on the cold side.

Don't expect to find food when you are hungry if it is not during breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Late night food choices are extremely limited if at all.

There was a lot of entertainment, but getting reservations at a decent hour for the shows is difficult. I couldn't gt into any of them before 10:30 at night. (I'm not a late night person).

Service everywhere but dining was outstanding! The dining areas had a lot of what seemed like unhappy staff.

The ports were great, just not enough time. We had plenty of time in Juneau to go on an excursion and see the town. (if you go - do the wildlife refuge excursion or fishing - both were great). Ketchikan may have been fun, but I only had enough time for the excursion and barely made it back to the ship In time to leave. Didn't get to see the town. We arrived in Victoria at around 8 PM and after we ate we didn't have time to get off the ship.

All of our excursions were fun. In Ketchikan we went kayaking and saw a lot of wildlife to include a mink and lots of starfish.

I would go again based on my two prior cruises and the overall experience with this one. I just hope the food improves.

pjpreds's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF 14104

Beautiful and clean cabin. Perfect size for two people. Very clean bathroom with enough room to do what you need. Balcony was perfect size.

Our Cabin person, Brian, was outstanding.

Juneau

We explored the town and did some shopping.

Fishing

Had a great time. Fished for about 3 hours and caught 3 fish. It was catch and release.

Wildlife Tour

I went on the Wildlife Refuge tour where I saw a week old moose and an adult one, a wolf, baby caribou, mink, pine martin, wolverine just to name a few. They were very well taken care of and I'd do it again.

View All 31 Wildlife Tour Reviews
Glacier Bay

The most breathtaking views you will ever see. We saw so many sea lions and Sea otters. They were playing and swimming and the glacier was just breathtaking. No other way to describe it.

Kayaking

We went kayaking saw a mink on the bank and lots of starfish of varying colors. It was so peaceful and fun. I would do this again.

The only down is you are in a group and have to stay with the group instead of just kind of doing your own thing so you are limited.

The tour guides were great though and educational and keep safety in the forefront.

Victoria

We arrived in Victoria at about 8 PM. I am not a night person and our dinner reservations were at 8. After dinner we didn't have time to go in port.

Seattle

We have been to seattle before and did the tour thing. This time we went from the airports straight to the shipl

pjpreds