Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review

I love the all inclusive luxury

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by DDC3

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Suite

This was my 5th cruise with RSSC, so I already knew I would like it. Here are some of the things I like about it. The Mariner is just the right size-small enough to go places others can't and large enough to have multiple places to dine and hang out. I like that it is really all inclusive, once on the ship I don't have to spend another dime if I don't want to. I like that even the lowest tier suites are large by the industry standard and are very comfortable and include a veranda. I like that it is generally all adult. On this cruise there were a few children, but they had special programs for them. There are no mandatory formal nights or assigned meal times. They generally offer a good selection of shore excursions, many of which included for free. The specialty restaurants are good, but the food in the main dining room is always very good as well.

DDC3's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Suite
Cabin D 955

The cabins are well organized with a sitting area, sleeping area and walk in closet. I like that the TV is located where it can be watched from the sofa, unlike on the Explorer where it is at the foot of bed. The suite includes a stocked minibar. I particularly like the walk in closet because I can totally unpack, put my suitcases out of sight for the duration of the cruise.

White Pass Scenic Railway

This was a thrilling ride on the historic trail through amazing scenery.

View All 1212 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews

We visited the Sitka Sound Science Center, then the Sitka National Historical Park which features many totem poles. Our guide took us for a walk on the trails and added interesting narration. We finished at a restaurant where had a lunch of salmon and got to taste taste 2 Alaskan beers.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Tribal Dance Show

Local high school children performed traditional dances that described the Native tales.

View All 29 Tribal Dance Show Reviews
Homer

We did two tours. The first took us down to the docks to discover the animals that lived there and to learn about the different kind of fishing boats. The second was a harbor cruise where saw amazing birds and lots of sea ottersl

DDC3