3. Ruby Princess
My husband and I had waited years to be able to take an Alaskan cruise. We loved Alaska but are very sorry we did not choose a cruise line we had sailed with before. For 5 out of 7 days our toilet clogged. And it could be merely a piece of toilet tissue. Heaven forbid if we had to do something else. We spent 5 days going 5 floors down to use the public restroom. That’s not exactly what we had in mind as a relaxing cruise! The cabin was worn and dated. The lamp shades appear to have come from the titanic. They were yellowed, stained and ripped. The carpet was extremely worn and dirty looking. The food was mediocre at best. Room service breakfast was cold and dried out by the time we received it. The buffet foods were just average, nothing to rave about. But the kicker is we paid an additional $29 per person when we booked the cruise to eat in the Crown Grille one night. We could have ordered from the same exact menu in the anytime dining room for only $19 each. What a ripoff. Shame on Princess. The entertainment on board was was just average with the exception of a comedian by the name of Mike Wilson. He was highly entertaining and funny. Otherwise it seems that Princess put all their entertainment budget into a production of The Voice at Sea. I really did not expect their big show to be fellow passengers “entertaining” us. I could see that by going to karaoke at my local bar! There was a wide variety of activities daily. The cruise director, Micca, and his staff worked hard. Scottish Ken was very personable and kept the activities on track and running smoothly. The service we received from all staff on board was extremely professional. Our cabin steward, Elsa, worked hard. The servers in the restaurants were very attentive. The bartenders were top notch, friendly and knowledgeable. They took time to converse with passengers and provided excellent service. Two standouts were Rhob and Chetal in The Wheelhouse Bar. Alaska was breathtaking and amazing. The people in the ports were welcoming and friendly. I can’t wait to go back-but absolutely NOT on Princess.

Bathroom trouble can ruin a cruise

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Jaleima

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Jaleima’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC B259
While it appears that Princess has invested in keeping the public areas updated and fresh they haven’t done that with the staterooms. Our cabin was worn out and tired. The furnishings were dated. The carpet was beaten down and stained in places. The lampshades appear to have been salvaged from The Titanic. They were yellowed, stained and torn in places. And then we come back to the toilet issue. The toilet itself was entirely scratched up inside which indicated that we were not the first people to have a clogging problem. Having to leave the cabin and go to a public restroom was awful. When I complained at passenger services they offered a $300 credit which I of course accepted but that hardly made up for the inconvenience. Upon arriving home I emailed the customer service department and we were contacted by Princess and offered a credit of $250 each toward a future cruise. Having paid several thousand dollars for our bucket list item cruise and being faced with this toilet issue was an insult. Sorry Princess, first impressions mean everything and you blew it.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins