3. Viking Hermod
I chose this cruise to see parts of the world that I have not seen. The crew were fantastic, always smiling and ready to assist. They all seemed to enjoy their job and were happy to be there. That makes a difference. The ports were incredible, the scenery splendid. Be ready for lots of walking. The tours were fantastic, the buses were clean and air conditioned. Bottles of water always available upon disembarkation of the ship to join your tour. Guides were easy to understand and were very knowledgeable. The ship was a nice size and the cabin (balcony) was adequate. There was plenty of storage so no problems there. I regret paying for a balcony. Several times we were tied up next to other boats so the balcony could not be used that much in some of the ports as you were virtually inches from the balcony of the other ship. I felt jilted. It is not worth the extra money. Just sit on the sun deck. Advance notice about the limited availability of the balcony would have been a nice courtesy. There was a terrible odor the first night and on another night. When I reported it, they said there was nothing they could, it happens when another ship is tied up against ours. Two stars for the dining experience. The quality, quantity, availability and variety were limited. Breakfast was fine. For lunch there were pasta, sandwiches or burgers, etc. Dinner was mediocre. Availability of cheese & fruits or crudites for snacking is not asking for much - I would have given 3 stars for dining but instead, the get 2 stars. Entertainment is almost non-existent but I didn't expect much to begin with. If you are not on the ship during the meal times or if you wanted a snack between meals, then you are sorely pressed to find anything to eat on board and there was nowhere to get anything to eat. I asked in the lounge if they had any appetizers but no luck. I’m glad I experienced it but next time, I will consider other options as it was not worth my money.

Meh

Viking Hermod Cruise Review by CarmenBizet

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom
I chose this cruise to see parts of the world that I have not seen.

CarmenBizet’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Hermod price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B
The cabin itself was fine for my husband & I and there were adequate storage space. The balcony is small however. Housekeeping never missed a beat. They did a great job.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins