Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Westwood1

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1C

We have cruised a lot and I must say Celebrity did not put their best foot forward. Cabin Steward was great, room good but after that FAIR is the best I can say. Although the Cruise Director Thanks everyone for Their energy in every other sentence there was NO energy from the staff or crew. Starting with the lifeboat drill, it was long drawn out and some STUPID video of some James Bond type of scenes were played which made no sense and took up more time from an already disorganized drill. I tired to cut them some slack since the ship just came out of dry dock and maybe the crew was not in sync but from there it got worse. First night dinning was horrible. I am NOT a picky eater but went with just a plain sirloin steak to make it simple. The first was uneatable almost raw, second had fat and grissel all thru it and I finally just ate around a third try since we had been there over on hour and a half, not because of my sending back food but just terrible service.

OK first night out of dry dock I tried to understand. Second night not many choices and the special was a steak so gave it a shot. No good, just poor cuts of cheap meat. Switched to Chicken Palm, just ok. The third night we just went to the buffet and after cruising for years this was the first time we ever had to do that. Food was good and we had choices. The lobster night was good and final night we just went with Turkey so we ended OK.

Entertainment was just fair. First night show was typical, comedian the second was very good and clean material. Beatles group was good but I must say the Frankie Valle group although voices were good their routine was silly and juvenile. They acted like school kids, VERY unprofessional.

The music at the pool on sea days was ridiculously LOUD and on two of the days people had to get up and find officers to have the DJ turn it down. BAD form, bad oversight. Captains club party was nice, Capt. Kate spoke well but officers just stood around and never even said hello. No energy and courtesy.

To end the cruise, the walk off departure was long and disorganized. We waited a long time to start moving and the room to gather in was not big enough for the long line. You would think by now the Cruise line would know that more and more people want to walk off so they would choose a gathering place big enough to accommodate a large group where the line doesn’t jam since there is not enough room. Poor planning.

In my opinion Celebrity has slipped a great deal and it will be a long time before we try them again. We have cruised recently on MSC and find them head and shoulders above Celebrity in every way. Call me VERY disappointed !

Westwood1's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1C
Cabin 1C 8310

Cabin was nice. Cabin Steward was great.

Key West

Walked around, went to Fort Zachary Taylor. Seaweed bad but nice walk and interesting free four of the fort.

Westwood1