Black Watch Cruise Review by hemlock9
- Sail Date: May 2019
- Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
- Cabin Type: Outside Cabin
Other things we were not happy with - Firstly , the car park in Liverpool was hard to find. Inadequate map and sat nav took you to a building site (not Fred Olson rsponsibility)
- cabin noise (see below)
Buffet area quite small, not always able to get a table at busy times
- While the ship was well maintained there was no main staircase or reception area and the entertainment was mediocre .
- many of the staff had a poor grasp of English which could be a problem, particularly at guest services
- WiFi expensive
- Timing given in port were misleading for example 'late p.m actually meant about 3.30 in the afternoon.
- Tours were very expensive, there were 4 of us so it made more sense to book a private taxi to take us to the places we wanted to see, which worked out fine.
- Passengers were mostly quite elderly and infirm so activities were geared up for this. I did sometimes feel I was sitting in the common room of an old peoples home rather than a cruise ship!
- Finally the disembarkation process was not a happy experience, but mostly this was due to the facilites at Liverpool cruise terminal
Good points, main dining room was nice and our waiters were freindly and helpful and there was a very good wine list at reasonable prices plus the food was excellent.
Would not go with Fred Olson again
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Greenock (Glasgow)Pouring rain so did not go into Glasgow as intended. Instead went on a free tour offerred by locals which was great.View All 233 Greenock (Glasgow) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Greenock (Glasgow) Cruise Port Review
Invergordon (Inverness)Not a holiday desination. We took the local bus to Inverness which was nice. Everywhere else too far to go.View All 106 Invergordon (Inverness) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Invergordon (Inverness) Cruise Port Review
KirkwallOrkney is amazing so many sights to see.View All 190 Kirkwall Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Kirkwall Cruise Port Review
LiverpoolLoads to do in Liverpool. Good start to the hoildayView All 116 Liverpool Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Liverpool Cruise Port Review