• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

crys_liit3
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Oceanview Picture Window

In 2015 my best friend and I cruised on the Norwegian Breakaway. Till this day, it is one of my best vacations ever. Due to my great time on that ship, I expected the same fun across all ships. I did some research on Cruise Critic and found mixed reviews. I had a feeling that this may be more relaxing than fun. I was almost correct.

Prior to embarkation day, I had the misfortune of seeing the many videos of the Escape tilting and the reactions. One would think that with those videos being viral the Captain and team would give the passengers a heads up about the horrifying (and sickening) rough waters. I almost threw up before my facial. Speaking of...I do not appreciate the aggressive product "recommendations" after the service. I almost cursed the lady out and I'm not even about that life. Anyway, it would have been proper for the captain to make an announcement so that people like me could actually sleep through the night without panic attacks. One lady I met in a bathroom said she was literally screaming. Another said that this is her 30th cruise and it was the first time she's gotten sick. With a heads up precautions could have been taken.

The nightly entertainment was cool. The nightclub DJ Vito was HORRIBLE. I mean everyone and I mean EVERYONE was complaining. He trash mixes could bring about world peace the way we all complained together in unity. The overall staff was okay but not amazing. Our room steward was literally the best. Daytime activities were great if you're 60 and up. Actually I take that back because we met a couple in that age range and they were PISSED. I will say that the weather was to blame for cancelled poolside entertainment but backup indoor options should have been created. I did a yoga class and I've done yoga enough times to know this man had no idea what he was doing.

Oceanview Picture Window

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

The longest day so you can get a lot done or take advantage of the mostly empty ship.

2 Helpful Votes