3. Ruby Princess
Let's be honest - Alaska pretty much sells itself. We could have been on a tugboat and still fallen in love with Alaska. But, that being said, there are still a few things to point out about this ship. Embarkation out of Seattle was a dream. We arrived via uber and 45 minutes later we were in our cabin WITH OUR SUITCASES. Seriously - it was amazing. We did anytime dining and therefore always sat with a different group of people. We tend to prefer the dining hall to the upstairs buffet. the food was excellent in both places but there were some challenges and room for improvement. The chairs are very small. I am a larger woman and I can say the chairs are probably smaller than an airplane seat. I can sit pretty comfortably in an airplane seat but I could not in the dining room or the buffet. So, if you have a big butt, beware. The service in the buffet was pretty bad. You sit and wait for coffee and OJ and every time we had the same experience - we cruise the floor for a long time trying to find an open space. We finally find something and there is no silverware so we need to steal it from another table. Then, halfway through our meal, someone would come by with drinks. It's a terrible system and one of the reason we preferred the dining hall. the boat was very clean and nice. the common areas were beautiful and I really liked the decor. I was not too impressed with the entertainment or shows, however. Besdies, the chairs in the theater were worse than the the dining hall. Seriously, I'm about 250 lbs and I could not fit into the theater chair. I had to sit with my butt skootched all the way up. This is my 8th cruise (first on princess) and I've never had this sort of trouble with the seating. The shore excursions were all wonderful. Great ports, great itinerary, beautiful and breathtaking scenes. Hope you enjoy it!

Great itinerary, good ship but some room for improvement

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by SeasideSally71

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

SeasideSally71’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC R236
The cabin was very nice: the bed was comfortable and you have about as much space as you'd expect from a cruise cabin. We were on the Riviera deck and the one thing we didn't anticipate was that when you are on the balcony, you have an obstructed view from the deck above (buffet) as it overhangs the cabin balcony by a pretty good margin. Had we known that, we probably would have booked a few levels lower to avoid that.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins