3. Viking Sky
Viking is not "world class cruising". I've had better service, amenities and food on carnival, norwegian and princess lines. I have never heard the word "no' so many times on a vacation. Their website displayed gym equipment on the sky that was not there: is there a spin upright bike? "no". I paid for premium alcohol because their free house wine is chilean. Do you have a ca cabernet or chardonnay? "no", a french bordeaux, no, and oregon pinot nior? -no. Champagne? Not included. Their "premium" wines are from south africa and australia. Is the main dining hall "the restaurant" open for a sit down lunch? - no - just buffet or burgers and hot dogs by the pool. At the italian restaurant manfredi's do you have linguine? - no just spaghetti. Meal times are short - the dining hall opens late and closes early. Nothing for breakfast but bread and coffee after 9;30 - even the buffet closed. Room service gets orders wrong. Excursions are rushed, no time to use a bathroom or shop and then waste time on promoting local businesses like herring tastings. It was obvious a lot of the staff was being trained and new (probably because they lost traumatized crew members after march 2019 "incident") every time i was getting over being annoyed at one lie, refused request, or misinformation there was another. The manager interrupted our breakfast asking me to take time to talk to her at her desk any time. I go down to her desk 20 minutes later, she is too busy, come back later. I never saw her again. The worst by far was our last full day in port in bergen. They couldn't wait until i left the next day to set the room for the next guests. I was shooed off my private balcony by the staff who came barging in to wash it - and even worse. I find a set of sheets in my previously filled dresser drawers. The maid came into my room while i was not there, opened my drawers and found one partial empty and filled it with a new set of clean linens for the next quest. I wasn't checking out until 9 am the next day!! It was still my room, my drawers, and a stranger was rummaging through them!!! You can't trust them. What is promised on their website is not on the boat: the amenities, the dining options, the drink options all not what is described in the website. Lies, refusals, misinformation and no apologies or anything to make up for it. You can't even trust them to keep you safe. 2 nights of rough seas throughout the night was unnerving because of the "incident" which is the word the crew used to describe the previous captain of the sky sailing into a horrible storm causing air lift evacuations. They had 3 ship accidents in 3 months 3/2019-6/2019. They are the worst cruise line in the industry. My recommendation is tauck. Tauck is world class cruising and the costs include everything so the same price. Don't risk your life or your vacation on viking.

SO MUCH NO - YOU CAN'T TRUST THEM

Viking Sky Cruise Review by JMRider

JMRider’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

Nicely appointed. Large, comfortable bed. Ample storage. Generous balcony. HOWEVER, the price of this large room with a balcony makes the overall cruise not worth the expense. The room size and cost does not match the poor service, mediocre food and worthless wine choices. The value is lost. So choose the cheapest room and don't expect "world class cruising, food, service or wine"