3. Carnival Legend
First, I always look to cruise on the smaller ships and the Legend was perfect. I was a solo cruiser and met people on social media that were going also. Not singles. Families, couples, etc. I flew from Philadelphia so I had a 6 hour flight. Embarkation and debarkation - It was easy on and easy off. Everyone was on and off in no time. I was disappointed that no Carnival staff welcomed the group I was with when we stepped on ship. It had been 3 years since I was on a Carnival ship. Where is my card to open my door? We all looked dumbfounded. I walked to the service desk to ask and she told me they were all in an outside mailbox at each room door. Staff needs to be there to help with anything as we step on board. Ship - Please hire me to redo the decor! The theme was gaudy and actually had no theme. I do like the ship. It is a smaller one and and I never got lost. I liked the lay out. We had a warm and sunny week, except for one day of drizzle. Kids were in the pools, and one had the glass roof partially closed. I enjoyed the serentity area for adults only only for the big hammocks so I could lay on one. The mini golf course was used a lot by people. Cabin - I had an oceanview Rivera Deck (1) mid ship. 1167. I loved my room. I always prefer a lower deck. I was solo so the one outlet was okay for me. If you are 2 or more, get ready to share the outlet. The hair dryer was fine for me. I have shoulder length hair and it is powerful. It is in the small drawer and no need to plug in. It is powered up under the dresser somewhere. My bed was the two together and I also had a couch. TV sucked. Only a CBS News channel for a regular live TV station. There were movies anyone could buy to watch for only $4.99. There were two free movie channels, but I had no clue the schedule of what they would be. My cabin steward was wonderful Since it was only me and I make my bed in the morning anyway, I had him tend to my room in the evening only. He made my bed neater, turn down service, new towels, and other small tasks. Even I got some towel animals. Dining - I did anytime dining and liked it. Being solo, I was always asked if I preferred to dine alone or share a group table. I dined alone with my book, and was waited on the same as 2 or more. The food was average, but had good choices. The wait staff was excellent and they sure hustle to get everyone served. Two nights I ate dinner at the lido deck buffet. The Blue Catina and Guys Burgers was always busy. Don't bother with the seafood on the Lido Deck that is extra. I ordered the lobster roll and for $14.00 it was a waste of money. Portion was small and the sauce on top was too much. The Lido Buffet was always good. The salad bar was great and a good addition on the Lido deck. Entertainment and activities - The entertainment looked like the same theme as I saw on previous ships. The Brits....no thanks. Motown.....I wanted to see again but never got there. The Rock Music 80's was fantastic. The Michael's crafts activity was fun and even dad's were there! Service - Excellent. Spa- The worst. I know they have high prices but after a 6 hour flight, I went for a relaxing pedicure. Never ever again. Even with my eyes resting, the staff member never shut up and kept telling me I have dry skin, buy this, buy that. Horrible experience. Gym & Whirlpool - I used the whirlpool in the gym to soak my legs and knees each night. It was clean and relaxing. Beautiful views. Ports and shore excursions - Every one I did and others did were enjoyable. I did these and liked them: Skagway I did the Gold Panning, Sled Dogs, and 40 Below. Do it. I loved it and not crazy expensive. Juneau, I did the Glacier Explorer. It drizzled that day so had my raincoat and walked the trail. If anyone has any walking issues, it probably is not the excursion for you. It was a 45 minute round trip walk to Nugget Falls and the glacier, Ketchikan - I did not book anything but went to the Lumberjack Show and got my tickets right there. If you are active or former military or law enforcement, it's $5 off your regular ticket. I started talking to the employee about something, and once he heard I was former law enforcement, I received $5 off. The show is awesome! It's one hour and a lot of fun. Get off the ship early since you do not have a full day. Victoria, Canada is a mandatory stop. I decided, on the ship, to book the one hour horse drawn trolley tour. I loved it. It was so much fun. Bring a jacket though since it is in the evening. Other than that, I went back to the ship. This was my first time to Alaska, eighth on Carnival. My sister always goes but had no interest in Alaska, so I went by myself. May 28th is early in the season and the best. There was mixed ages, families, couples, etc. I saw all the kids at Club Ocean and could see they were having fun. I will return in a few years.

Perfect Weather and Fun Ship