Golden Princess Cruise Review
1,451 Reviews

Golden Princess is showing her age

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Kashmire1

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We chose the Golden Princess as we wanted a Voyage of the Glaciers and to be gone over our Anniversary. Our inside cabin had comfortable beds and plenty of storage, the use of mirrors makes it seem like you have more room. The Golden Princess has a lot of leaks in the hallways and public areas as well as a huge problem with sewage smell on deck. I had read previous reviews mentioning this, but I hoped it would not be bad. It is bad and should be fixed. Dining was average, I did not gain any weight which is unusual for me!

The scenery on this cruise was amazing, we had perfect shirt sleeve weather every day and were so impressed with the glaciers that we were able to see. Glacier Bay is beautiful and we saw glaciers calving which was a highlight.

In Skagway we took the 8 hour Princess Tour with the bus to Bennett Lake and the Railway back. It was so informative and beautiful scenery. We saw bears and a fox and many bald eagles. Don;t miss the Railway Tour.

In Juneau we visited Mendenhall Glacier and did the tram ride which returns to the dock right by the ship. We did not do a tour in Ketchikan and I wish that we have done so.

We enjoyed the British Invasion show and the casino was kind to both my husband and myself.

We finished in Vancouver with a bus tour of the city that had a couple of stops in beautiful Stanley Park.

I would do an Alaska Cruise again in a heartbeat, but probably not on the Golden Princess

Kashmire1's Full Rating Summary