3. Norwegian Jade
We (myself, my wife, our 2 children, and my wife's parents) decided to "do" Europe. We flew to London and made our way to Rome by way of Paris and Venice. Our ages ranged from 8 to 72. We've all sailed many times in the Caribbean, but never Europe. Embarkation at the pier was so easy. There was a line, but it moved quickly. We only had carry-on bags, so that helped. Disembarkation, usually a cluster, was also easy. We were a bit hesitant about the Jade -- she's a little older, she's not a megaship. I can tell you now, the Jade is amazing. Beautiful inside and out, clean, welcoming. The cabins are a very good size. We had an obstructed OV on Deck 8 and my in-laws had an interior across the hall. Both were the same size and we had plenty of room. The bathrooms are larger than on most ships we have sailed, and ours even had a separate WC. Dining was great. We ate in Alizar most evenings as it was closer to our cabins than Grand Pacific all the way aft. Alizar is a bit more casual, but the food is the same. We ate late every night (8:30 or 9:00), which is a change from all of our previous cruises, but we were in Europe. We dined in Cagney's one night and it was delicious (except for my potatoes au gratin which were ice cold). Another night we ate at Le Bistro (thank you American Express Platinum Travel); it, too, was wonderful. On mornings without really early port calls, we headed to Grand Pacific for breakfast, which were just typical NCL breakfasts. Let's talk about service. Our last NCL cruise, aboard the Breakaway at Thanksgiving 2018, left a sour taste due to the horrible service. On the Jade, NCL redeemed themselves. Service (bar, restaurant, cabin, room service) was always prompt and with a smile. We never had to wait more than 3 minutes to be served at a bar. Meals took just the right amount of time for us. Our cabins were touched at least twice and usually three times per day. Room service, especially breakfast, was on point and on time. This 10 day itinerary was very port-heavy. We had only 1 sea day, and I personally prefer a few more than that. Most of the ports were early, but we were back on board by late afternoon at most. In Santorini, we hung around for the sunset before boarding. In Crete, we had to be back before noon so we could speed off to Malta by 1pm the next day. We did not utilize any ship excursions as they all seemed limiting and over-priced. We managed to arrange private tours for the 6 of us in every port at reasonable prices (except Crete -- we walked off, found a bistro for breakfast, and got back on the ship). Our kids are 8 and 10. Both are experienced cruisers. My son feels he has outgrown the kids' club and only went once. My daughter, being a little social butterfly, wanted to go every evening. We've never had a problem with the kids' clubs on any ship we've been on, and the Jade was no exception. We would definitely go again, and I hope to do so!

Such a Nice Cruise!

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by mdsgu

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Obstructed Oceanview

We would definitely go again, and I hope to do so!
mdsgu’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8052
Good size, plenty of space, larger bathroom
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins