3. Viking Hlin
Got a cabin cancellation three weeks out, seemed like a good deal. Cabin 119 with just a small window was fine. Viking did an outstanding job, everything exceeded my expectations, this was our first river cruise and our first visit to central Europe. Candi, the cruise director was extremely organized, loved the QuietVOX RF receiver/headphone system. We only did included excursions which we enjoyed., they were well run, we had enough time in each port. Buses were extremely well run when used. Ship looks like new, food was excellent, service was excellent. The only thing I can think of for Viking to improve is to lower the price! We loved small German towns, we found Basel to be very expensive, restaurants in city seem to be about twice what we are used to in rural Virginia. God willing we'll be going on more Viking cruises. Misc: for the first time we did laundry every night on the ship, rapid dry clothes dry in less than 4 hours, cotton underwear, socks and shirts take 20 hours. We used the heated bathroom floor to finish dry the socks and underwear. There was a clothes line in the shower. Loads of hot water, loads of water pressure from shower head.

Viking Hlin Amsterdam to Basel 5.26.2019

Viking Hlin Cruise Review by AugieM

AugieM’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Hlin price drops

Ship is beautiful, loved the lighting systems. Loved the 120VAC receptacles as I only own one converter module. There is a tiny bit of "river water" noise against the hull but I was generally so tired at the end of the day I didn't even notice it. Not sure I'd ever pay to upgrade the cabin, we weren't in the cabin much other than when we were unconscious (asleep).. Public spaces were beautiful, extremely clean. Every employee we met was pleasant and seemed happy. Internet (email and web surfing, no WiFi phone calls, no video streaming) was good considering your on a ship.
  Viking Hlin Deck Plans